ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 Preseeds Out!

We need to enjoy this team. BIGS is looking like Midlands to this Hawk team. We could reasonably have 8 or 9 in the semis and even 6 or 7 in the finals. Not sure what the record team points is but I have to believe we got a shot to break it this year. Its going to be tough, nothing easy in the junior nattys but if we wrestle the way we were pre covid pause, well........records are made to be broken.

Is there a B1G site that shows the actual brackets and not just the 1 thru 14? Hard for me to explain...

LEE
----------------

. .................... LEE----------

MCKEE
------------------

I do not believe they post filled in Brackets till Saturday? You can do it yourself by printing bracket sheets that have the seeding numbers on them. Then just fill it in.

Reactions: chuck285
We need to enjoy this team. BIGS is looking like Midlands to this Hawk team. We could reasonably have 8 or 9 in the semis and even 6 or 7 in the finals. Not sure what the record team points is but I have to believe we got a shot to break it this year. Its going to be tough, nothing easy in the junior nattys but if we wrestle the way we were pre covid pause, well........records are made to be broken.
Not likely. The scoring is different now I'm sure but.......

In 1983 Iowa scored 200 points, with 9, yes I said 9, Big Ten Champions. (The Baltimore Butcher was the bum who got 4th.......)

We won it last year scoring 157.5

We could reasonably have 8 or 9 in the semis and even 6 or 7 in the finals. Not sure what the record team points is but I have to believe we got a shot to break it this year.

Not sure how the scoring of bonus/advancement compare between the years, but the 1983 Hawkeyes put up 200 points at BIGs. They had 9 champs and a 4th.

Going to be very difficult to match those results....

Not sure how the scoring of bonus/advancement compare between the years, but the 1983 Hawkeyes put up 200 points at BIGs. They had 9 champs and a 4th.

Going to be very difficult to match those results....
We won't see 9 Big Ten Champs from the same Team again in my lifetime, I don't care how much Slush Fund money Cael hands out, ain't happening.

The record was established in 1983 when the Hawks scored 200 pts with 9 Champs and 1 Fourth Place finisher! I don’t think that record will be broke anytime soon! Go Hawks!

Not likely. The scoring is different now I'm sure but.......

In 1983 Iowa scored 200 points, with 9, yes I said 9, Big Ten Champions. (The Baltimore Butcher was the bum who got 4th.......)

We won it last year scoring 157.5
Yeah and that same bum kept us from having 10 All Americans. I wonder if he took as much shit back then as Warner does today?

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Yeah and that same bum kept us from having 10 All Americans. I wonder if he took as much shit back then as Warner does today?
I guess I don't see the similarities, but no, it was 1983 and Iowa was rolling, winning 9 titles in a row, so not much to bitch about. Ha! There was no internet, and yes the world was a far better place IMO (get off my damn lawn!). And I was definitely around back then.

I knew Jeff Kerber some, met Randy Lewis shortly after this timeframe and met Rico Chipparelli at a party at Randy's apt. in Iowa City (must have been 1988, cause Rico was Freestyling then). Partied with quite a few Iowa and Iowa State wrestlers back in those days going to Nationals all the time and mutual friends, etc. Great times.

I guess I don't see the similarities, but no, it was 1983 and Iowa was rolling, winning 9 titles in a row, so not much to bitch about. Ha! There was no internet, and yes the world was a far better place IMO (get off my damn lawn!). And I was definitely around back then.

I knew Jeff Kerber some, met Randy Lewis shortly after this timeframe and met Rico Chipparelli at a party at Randy's apt. in Iowa City (must have been 1988, cause Rico was Freestyling then). Partied with quite a few Iowa and Iowa State wrestlers back in those days going to Nationals all the time and mutual friends, etc. Great times.
Yeah It was a tongue in check comment about Warner and Rico.
Rico was so fun to watch, he was pure funk most of the time.
I hope Warner’s college career ends up like Chipparelli’s.

So when are the final seeds to be posted? Yet today, or saturday before wrestling?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT