ADVERTISEMENT

Big Heart Hawks

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
I can assure you I was one of the many grumbling as the clock counted down but Wow, no quit in this team. Although NW is a good defensive team and just lost to PSU, I was concerned about a let down after the big win in Indiana. I continued to watch although it was painful for 36 minutes. It was one of those nights, we were getting the ball in side, nothing would drop. One possession we got three close cracks at it and no bunny.

I thought it was an off night but hats off to the team and coaches for slapping on the press. We were constantly getting them in traps just across the mid court line or in the corner. The really great part is we got several baskets late in close, didn't try to get it all back all at once with threes. Made our last seven shots and they missed some critical free throws.

Great team win, JBo made the huge shot but this was a team win. Joe W. was tough again - led the team with 21, Moss played well and hats off to Cook, he had nine rebounds and got theIr Bigs in foul trouble. Garza has struggled his last couple of games, hope he can stay out of foul trouble at Rutgers. Kriener had a few good minutes but when NW went to four guards we had to go smaller. Baer struggled offensively and defensively until late, seemed off last night.

Great win, need to come ready every night, it is a grind. Rest up Hawks and get ready for an athletic and solid defensive Rutgers team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT