ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten opener

http://btn.com/2018/08/21/heres-the-full-2018-2019-big-ten-mens-basketball-conference-schedule/

Friday, November 30
Wisconsin at Iowa

Monday, December 3
Iowa at Michigan State

Thursday, January 3
Iowa at Purdue

Sunday, January 6
Nebraska at Iowa

Wednesday, January 9
Iowa at Northwestern

Saturday, January 12
Ohio State at Iowa

Wednesday, January 16
Iowa at Penn State

Sunday, January 20
Illinois at Iowa

Thursday, January 24
Michigan State at Iowa

Sunday, January 27
Iowa at Minnesota

Friday, February 1
Michigan at Iowa

Thursday, February 7
Iowa at Indiana

Sunday, February 10
Northwestern at Iowa

Saturday, February 16
Iowa at Rutgers

Tuesday, February 19
Maryland at Iowa

Friday, February 22
Indiana at Iowa

Tuesday, February 26
Iowa at Ohio State

Saturday, March 2
Rutgers at Iowa

Thursday, March 7
Iowa at Wisconsin

Sunday, March 10
Iowa at Nebraska

Reactions: NI hawk
3fb4ae31c87675e94272a4be88ee4254464a45fd

Tough start to the B1G. Wisky should be very solid and experienced, and playing in East Lansing is always difficult. I would be happy getting one of two.

I thought with the Big Ten Tournament moved back to its normal week this year, they wouldn't start the B1G season so early.

Also, Friday night games, really? Money talks I guess.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I thought with the Big Ten Tournament moved back to its normal week this year, they wouldn't start the B1G season so early.

There are now 18 Big Ten games after the new year like previously getting back that extra week, it's just now they increased it to 20 Big Ten games so they still have to still play two early.

There are now 18 Big Ten games after the new year like previously getting back that extra week, it's just now they increased it to 20 Big Ten games so they still have to still play two early.
Women play 18, start at the new year and end a week before the men get done. They must not give the women any weeks off

Reactions: Mohawkeye
http://btn.com/2018/08/21/heres-the-full-2018-2019-big-ten-mens-basketball-conference-schedule/

Friday, November 30
Wisconsin at Iowa

Monday, December 3
Iowa at Michigan State

Thursday, January 3
Iowa at Purdue

Sunday, January 6
Nebraska at Iowa

Wednesday, January 9
Iowa at Northwestern

Saturday, January 12
Ohio State at Iowa

Wednesday, January 16
Iowa at Penn State

Sunday, January 20
Illinois at Iowa

Thursday, January 24
Michigan State at Iowa

Sunday, January 27
Iowa at Minnesota

Friday, February 1
Michigan at Iowa

Thursday, February 7
Iowa at Indiana

Sunday, February 10
Northwestern at Iowa

Saturday, February 16
Iowa at Rutgers

Tuesday, February 19
Maryland at Iowa

Friday, February 22
Indiana at Iowa

Tuesday, February 26
Iowa at Ohio State

Saturday, March 2
Rutgers at Iowa

Thursday, March 7
Iowa at Wisconsin

Sunday, March 10
Iowa at Nebraska

That schedule looks like a real meat grinder. They will have to hit the ground running, the first seven games are rough.

Yearly whoopin at Breslin Center comes early this year ;)
I don't read much MSU news, so I am curious. What ever became of the cases of abuses in MSU athletics of women, including those that seemed to have been covered up, or at least ignored, but MSU's head BB and FB coaches?

I don't read much MSU news, so I am curious. What ever became of the cases of abuses in MSU athletics of women, including those that seemed to have been covered up, or at least ignored, but MSU's head BB and FB coaches?

Nothing because nothing was ever covered up or ignored. Pretty simple.

I love the new set up regardless of when the conference tournament is played. The early conference games were awesome. I also love the idea of Friday night games.

Reactions: And1Hawk
I guess you forgot that too.

If you can provide a single shred of evidence of Izzo or Dantonio covering anything up (how does a coach even do that btw---hire goons to physically intimidate a possible victim? Threaten the family of city and county prosecutors??) I'm all ears.

Haven't seen any yet, which is why the storied died because ESPN reported fake news and flat out lied.

https://cabs.msu.edu/news/key-issues/issue-docs/Jones-Day-Report-June-5-2017.pdf

Specifically, we examined whether the football program, and individuals associated with the program, complied with MSU’s “Policy on Relationship Violence & Sexual Misconduct” (RVSM policy) in connection with these incidents. In both instances, we found that senior leaders within the football program and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics (Athletic Department) complied with the RVSM policy by promptly and accurately reporting the information they learned about the underlying incidents to departments within the University that are tasked with investigating and responding to such incidents. We also found no evidence that senior leaders within the football program or Athletic Department attempted to impede, cover up, or obstruct the Office of Institutional Equity’s (OIE’s) investigation into the underlying incidents.

https://cabs.msu.edu/news/key-issues/issue-docs/Jones-Day-Report-June-5-2017.pdf

Specifically, we examined whether the football program, and individuals associated with the program, complied with MSU’s “Policy on Relationship Violence & Sexual Misconduct” (RVSM policy) in connection with these incidents. In both instances, we found that senior leaders within the football program and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics (Athletic Department) complied with the RVSM policy by promptly and accurately reporting the information they learned about the underlying incidents to departments within the University that are tasked with investigating and responding to such incidents. We also found no evidence that senior leaders within the football program or Athletic Department attempted to impede, cover up, or obstruct the Office of Institutional Equity’s (OIE’s) investigation into the underlying incidents.

Thank you for your report. I used the word "seemed" because I had heard reports of women reporting instances of abuse by MSU athletes (FB and BB), but hadn't really heard anything after the first month or so. The coaches seemed to take two very different approaches to respond. The BB coach basically said nothing, and the FB coach seemed happy to issue shrill denials, as if nothing ever happened. Seemed to strike a nerve with you, so my response served its purpose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT