ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten seeding matrix

MSU is the most likely 3 and 5 seed. Yeah, sure does help me grasp the scenario better.

So, now with indy loss it's down to pu and illanoy.

Hard to say this, but c'mon ill. Step up and win one today.

Can someone explain why if Purdue wins tonight and OSU win tomorrow how Iowa ends up the 4 seed? How does OSU winning give us the nod over Purdue?

Originally posted by 09Hawk:
Can someone explain why if Purdue wins tonight and OSU win tomorrow how Iowa ends up the 4 seed?  How does OSU winning give us the nod over Purdue?
I could be wrong, but I believe OSU winning makes a 4 team tie at 12-6. Tiebreaker is record against those involved. I think MSU gets the 3 with a winning record, OSU falls to 6 with a losing record and we are tied with Purdue. Rather than go to head to head, which would make sense, I've seen people say that it goes to record against top teams in conference right down the line. Both have .000 winning pct against Wiscy, our win v Maryland breaks the tie and we are 4th. I didn't check any of that, just running on memory so probably not correct haha.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

We are 4 or 5.

4 if PUR L or OSU W
5 if PUR W and OSU L

So if PUR L don't care what OSU does.
If PUR W we need to root for OSU to beat WIS

As I undertand it, an O$u win puts us in a three way tie with them and Purdue. Using the three way tie criteria, we come out on top. Using the two way tie criteria (if O$u loses to Wisconsin) we get beat by Purdue. Ask the Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech football teams about three way ties. Someone always gets screwed.
The turd we left in Evanston has returned to stink up our BTT placement. Had we just won that game, we would possibly be looking at a 2 seed in the BTT because we have the tie breaker over Maryland.

Originally posted by BubsFinn:

The turd we left in Evanston has returned to stink up our BTT placement.
Why do so many posters point to that game as the culprit and not, say, home against Minnesota?

Originally posted by QChawks:
Originally posted by markfromj:

Originally posted by BubsFinn:

The turd we left in Evanston has returned to stink up our BTT placement.
Why do so many posters point to that game as the culprit and not, say, home against Minnesota?

Agreed. Home loss to minny was much worse.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Funny how people look at it differently. To me, I always look back to the loss at Purdue as one that slipped away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT