ADVERTISEMENT

Big ten

Have to give props to IZZO. The guy can coach and his teams always succeed in March. The guy is gonna be Hall of Fame soon. My god his team struggled during the year, and now they have managed to beat the 2 & 3 seeds in their region.

I can only wish Fran could become half the coach that Izzo is.

If only Fran had the talent and the officials to allow the kind of defense that MSU plays....just think how good Iowa could be...........

So far in NCAA tourney ACC 14-3. PAC 12 8-3. B1G 9-5. SEC 5-4. Big 12 5-7. Clearly ACC and B1G have shown best in the tourney. Really don't think the PAC 12 has an argument as they don't have the depth of the ACC and B1G with only 4 teams in the tourney. Wisconsin beating Arozona and MSU beating Louisville and possibly Duke would help the B1G's argument of being the best conference this year.

Izzo is definitely Mr. March. He's also excellent at jabbering at the refs any time one is near him, massaging the next call.
Probably worth 6-7 points a game, and if they can win by 1-5 points, it worked. Would like to see MSU play Duke. That would put the refs in a complete state of confusion, not knowing how to favor both Izzo and K.

Now, regarding B1G and Big 12. Big 12 big disappointment, alright -- but not because of B1G. I believe they're 1-1 vs each other in tourney. And I don't recall anyone from B1G playing Kentucky yet. (In fact, no team from B1G has played Kentucky all year, unless I missed it somewhere. Big 12 is 0-3 against them.) If MSU or Wisc can get them, great. But I doubt anyone here is actually betting on that. Might wish it, but not putting any $ on it.

I'm a Cyclone fan and Hawk fan (except when they play each other). But I don't go to bed at 8:00. I take offense to that. I will watch bb if it's on at 3:00 a.m. And, even though I don't go to a job, I do have to get up every morning to watch Andy Griffith. And there are stresses that go with that. When that alarm goes off at 8:30 or my dogs wake me up, the worrying starts--about whether Barney will be in the next episode.

So, everyone has their challenges. Be nice. Always be a little kinder than necessary.

Right now i think you would rate the top 3 leagues as:
1. Kentucky (in a league of their own)
2. ACC
3. B1G

Yes, but I am not sure I take any great pride out of this.

Right now it is Michigan State and Wisconsin year in and year out.

Then their is everyone else.

Seems to be a developing theme here.

So YEAH, congrats MSU and Wisky for being better than everyone else all the time!

I would somehow like to make that THREE teams.
wink.r191677.gif

And no, I don't mean O$U or Maryland either.

I reluctantly agree with comments regarding Izzo. I detest that slimy little bastard but respect what he has accomplished at MSU. This was supposed to be a down year for Sparty but goddamn there they are one more win from a Final 4.

Originally posted by nu2u:

I reluctantly agree with comments regarding Izzo. I detest that slimy little bastard but respect what he has accomplished at MSU. This was supposed to be a down year for Sparty but goddamn there they are one more win from a Final 4.
I agree, and anyone who has paid any attention to the past has made a KILLING this offseason betting on sparty beginning with the B1G tourney up till now.

Originally posted by 4th & 9 inches:
Gonna give my Captain Obvious impersonation here, but come tourney time, Izzo can FLAT OUT COACH.
Yes he can. Give him all the credit.

But he has taken ONE school to the ncaa tournement. Our guy has taken four schools. Everywhere he has coached he has been successful. Izzo has been at one place. ONE. Fran McCaffery is a winner and has done it at every stop. He has rebuilt four programs. That ain't easy.

The number of schools a coach has led to the NCAA is one thing. I think Kruger has led five. What they do when they get there is yet another. Can't honestly put Fran ahead of Izzo. There might be 6 Hawk fans total who would say they wouldn't take Izzo. And 5 of them would be lying. Look at Izzo's record. He's one of top 3-4 coaches in the country. He recruits pretty darn good athletes, coaches them up, and gets them to work very hard--year after year. But he's not coming to Iowa. So, keep supporting Fran and hope that he makes his own mark.

Originally posted by hexumhawk:
Originally posted by TankHawk:

2. ACC

3. B1G

BIG and ACC challenge disputes your claim
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Posted this in another thread, but our tourney performance has been at least on par with theirs, if not better. We "should" be 7-6 with one team left based on seeding, but we're +1.5 games at 9-5 with two still dancing. ACC "should" be 13-4 with two in, but they're +1 at 14-3 with three still alive. We're also 2-0 against them in head to head, with one of those a 7 over a 2, and we have a third matchup tomorrow for trip to the FF.

Given the relative set ups of the two conferences in this year's bracket, I'd say we're holding our own quite nicely.

The texas ten would have won more games if they weren't so "fatigued" from the regular season. Well that and the refs had it out for Texas Ten teams.

Clown fans will tell you just ask.

Originally posted by hexumhawk:
Originally posted by TankHawk:

2. ACC

3. B1G

BIG and ACC challenge disputes your claim
BIG definitely has a better bottom half of the league but that is all the challenge proved. ACC has more elite teams but the BIG is deeper, also the Big 12 sucks.

B1G has now gone all the way through with everyone but Maryland playing to seed. MSU winning tomorrow as 7-seed, if it happens, would just be icing on the cake. Go Sparty!!

Agreed that Fran has done a good job rebuilding the program to respectability -- now he needs to take it up a level. Winning Big Ten Championships and advancing to the final four, if he can do that than you can start talking about being in the class with Olsen when he was at Iowa or Ryan and Izzo, the two best coaches in the Big Ten.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT