ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Stoops to FSU?!?!

I, too, thinks this happens. He can do this for 5-8 years with the right assts.

One TV station said done deal, but it might all be smoke it seems

Last edited:
campbell could coach like at indiana u or nebby or minny ha ha or smu or something. or stay at isu. not fsu. he's not ready for that step up yet.

Reactions: TailgateTom
urban would be the perfect fit and it's not even close. better than stoops. he's a total d-bag but he would be perfect.

If he were to have one more college stop it would be at Iowa and that isn't happening unless something sudden and tragic happened to KF.

All of this Stoops to FSU is poppycock. He already has a job...head coach AND GM of the Dallas Renegades. There’s no reason to leave that situation.

All of this Stoops to FSU is poppycock. He already has a job...head coach AND GM of the Dallas Renegades. There’s no reason to leave that situation.

How long until that league folds?

Would have more visibility at FSU than the XFL 2.0. Whats he being paid?

First, the Stoops isn't a candidate is nonsense. He's absolutely a candidate.

Do I think he's coming? No, although I do think we'll give him the farm to come if he wants to. But being a top level college coach is a lot of grueling work, primarily due to all the travel required for recruiting and having to manage egos of high school kids while constantly praising them. I wouldn't be surprised if he just wanted nothing to do with that. The XFL job is a bit of a joke, but he's being paid a fortune and I guarantee it's far easier than leading up a team trying to win a national title. I think he's likely done with coaching at college, so I don't think he comes.

I do think we're willing to pay whatever it takes to get a top flight coach, and I wish the rumors of Stoops coming and retaining Leavit and Briles were true, but I just don't see it happening although I think we are rolling out the bank to try and make it happen.

I suspect that him being a candidate is a surprise to FSU’s administration. That narrative is being fed tot he media by Neon
Yeah since we have a graduation rate problem, I am doubting we want Deion who I don't believe ever graduated. Plus I am guessing it is a requirement that a coach have at least a 4 year degree. Plus he has 0 college coaching experience during a football season.

Yeah since we have a graduation rate problem, I am doubting we want Deion who I don't believe ever graduated. Plus I am guessing it is a requirement that a coach have at least a 4 year degree. Plus he has 0 college coaching experience during a football season.
Mere technicalities!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT