ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Question

More and more it’s being reported as likely that FSU will be joining the B1G - and the question is being asked by FSU fans: How will we be treated as visitors if we show up in numbers like we tend to do (10,000 doing the Chant and the Chop)?
I’ve made the trek to Columbus, Ann Arbor, and also to a few games in Madison (that didn’t involve FSU).
THE OSU folks were okay, Michigan fans were obnoxious and UW people were just drunk.

Thoughts from Iowa? BTW if and when y’all visit us you’ll find a blend of all three. 😉
Unless Iowa’s offense is still averaging a touchdown a game. I have a hard time believe you’ll be getting 10,000 fsu fans inside kinnick.

Relative to @goldmom ‘s question: I think most of the Kinnick animosity is reserved for traditional rivals and even that is good natured unless someone starts acting like a punk. I don’t remember any bad treatment for major conference opponents that weren’t B1G or Iowa State, but I honestly can’t remember the last time we had one visit - seems like it has been many years. These days our non-con schedule is Iowa State and a couple MAC/FCS teams. It will be interesting to see how we treat Washington this fall - probably a good proxy.

My no pic daughter just graduated from that dump. GREAT school for STEM majors (she did data science and got a great job), but absolute shit hole of a college town. Downtown IC is orders of magnitude more appealing. Despite being a much smaller school IC has more bars, better restaurants, more entertainment venues. Thankfully I never have to step foot in Champaign again.
Honestly, Bloomington-Normal where Illinois State is is 10X better as a college town than Champaign. Champaign is only a couple notches above DeKalb.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
More and more it’s being reported as likely that FSU will be joining the B1G - and the question is being asked by FSU fans: How will we be treated as visitors if we show up in numbers like we tend to do (10,000 doing the Chant and the Chop)?
I’ve made the trek to Columbus, Ann Arbor, and also to a few games in Madison (that didn’t involve FSU).
THE OSU folks were okay, Michigan fans were obnoxious and UW people were just drunk.

Thoughts from Iowa? BTW if and when y’all visit us you’ll find a blend of all three. 😉
Hope it happens! Have a senior looking to head to FSU or Clemson. Hope it's FSU, love that campus! Also B10 fans are fine - they are same no matter where you go unless big rivalry.

Knowledgeable people including longtime CFB Analysts who are well known and respected here in the South.,,been around longer than the internet. They don’t opine on Northern football because…why would they?

Without reading any responses i would say if you send 10k to kinnick it would be impressive and respected. If you all don’t act like douches 99% of Iowa fans would be welcoming and cool. If you show up talking shit you will be not liked, in an Iowa nice way.

Reactions: goldmom
Nebraska fans are the best fans I've ever run into on the road, with (surprise) Alabama fans a close second. Buckeye fans reminded me of a group of non-redneck Stinkin' Gators. Michigan fans weren't that bad to me (though in one game we put a serious butt whippin' on them, so that might account for it). Beyond the Stinkin' Gators, I'd have to put Notre Dame as the worst when I've been there. I'd like to say Miami fans are worse, but there simply aren't enough of them to be totally accurate.
I was a little salty in Indy after the championship game. They were pompous asses and hurt my feelings a little bit.

Reactions: torbee
Without reading any responses i would say if you send 10k to kinnick it would be impressive and respected. If you all don’t act like douches 99% of Iowa fans would be welcoming and cool. If you show up talking shit you will be not liked, in an Iowa nice way.
I’m not among any fans who think that it’s cool to represent their school by showing their rear ends. If some jerk comes up out of nowhere and starts trash talking though he won’t be met with gracious words.
Since that’s generally just a SCUM or uf fan, I don’t think it is likely from a team in the B1G.

Is there anything legitimate out there regarding FSU likely to join the B1G? I would love for it to happen, just haven’t been keeping up on the rumor mill.

There is no way that FSU gets 10k fans into Iowa City, Madison, Columbus, or Ann Arbor.
We had more than that in Ann Arbor AND Columbus. My friends went to Columbus with six family members in tow and got tickets in the ‘Shoe from relatives.
When you think about it many Floridians are one generation away from their parents or grandparents being transplants from B1G country.
So they still have cousins etc. who can get them tickets and a place to lay their head.

• Love
Reactions: seminoleed
We had more than that in Ann Arbor AND Columbus. My friends went to Columbus with six family members in tow and got tickets in the ‘Shoe from relatives.
When you think about it many Floridians are one generation away from their parents or grandparents being transplants from B1G country.
So they still have cousins etc. who can get them tickets and a place to lay their head.

The south isn't the only place that takes football seriously. It just isn't going to happen unless people want to pay 5x the face price

Knowledgeable people including longtime CFB Analysts who are well known and respected here in the South.,,been around longer than the internet. They don’t opine on Northern football because…why would they?
Lol, nobody cares about ACC football.

Based on the arrogance I've seen on here and the insults Iowa and the big ten have received in the past year or so it might not go so great. Especially if they insist on doing that God awful chop

I know FSU is afraid to be in a league where they are closer to equal footing with most of the league as far as recruiting territory but they belong in the SEC. B10 should stay away from confederate schools

• Love
Reactions: torbee
I’m sure someone said it but you’re not getting 10,000 seats in any stadium that has a decent team.
Nebraska football fans will gobble up any seats they can anywhere and they don’t get that many.

Reactions: sober_teacher
I don't FSU would be suing the ACC if they didn't have a landing spot. I also think it is the BIG.

You aren't getting 10k in Kinnick. Nebraska doesn't even get 10k into Kinnick and they are a border state and crazy loyal fans. Hell, Iowa puts more fans in Memorial in Lincoln than Nebraska does in Kinnick. Nebraska fans were mortified when we took that place over a couple years ago.

I don't FSU would be suing the ACC if they didn't have a landing spot. I also think it is the BIG.

You aren't getting 10k in Kinnick. Nebraska doesn't even get 10k into Kinnick and they are a border state and crazy loyal fans. Hell, Iowa puts more fans in Memorial in Lincoln than Nebraska does in Kinnick. Nebraska fans were mortified when we took that place over a couple years ago.

I said it before, FSU would be crazy to officially leave the ACC without an invitation to the next conference. But suing sure is a big step out. Seems it would be impossible to get the toothpaste back in the tube. And that feels like a secret that would be too hard for people to keep if an offer was on the table. <shrug>

I wasn’t going to start a separate thread to ask how Iowa fans would be treated at an FSU home game, but I would just expect a lot of ‘ya’ll play football up there?’

Reactions: goldmom
I wasn’t going to start a separate thread to ask how Iowa fans would be treated at an FSU home game, but I would just expect a lot of ‘ya’ll play football up there?’

Probably just fine with a huge air of arrogance about "it just means more down here", until there was some scandal or reason to hate another fan base. Always gonna be some drunk asshats in every group of 80,000....

You'd love going to Duke for a game, "Is there a game today?" - half the students on their way to the library....

Iowa fans will be a combination of all three.

And some of you don’t want to accept the fact that we’ve already been invited.
Try to keep up.
Wow, that’s breaking news. Can’t wait for the link.
Still waiting on that link. Can't wait to read about the only school ever invited to the B1G, but then apparently needed some time to think about it.

Oh, maybe this is your source. LOL:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT