ADVERTISEMENT

Bowen Born

Yeah, are the Clown fans talking about not offering Born? He and Green will furnish UNI with two good shooters.

Just went over to CyFan and most of their fanbase seed their program as too good for him. The few that argue in favor of him are getting destroyed. Of course they suggested it would be worth major recruiting violations to get him in March. I just don’t get it.. the kid would help out Iowa it ISU if either had a spot for him.

Just went over to CyFan and most of their fanbase seed their program as too good for him. The few that argue in favor of him are getting destroyed. Of course they suggested it would be worth major recruiting violations to get him in March. I just don’t get it.. the kid would help out Iowa it ISU if either had a spot for him.

Isu fans think they're too good for white guys. Its hilarious.

They think they are the modern day version of Tarks UNLV.

They're embarrassing hicks.

So hard to know what a kid like this will do in college. But he scored a lot one-on-one with Xavior Foster in that Oscalusa game. (He also got blocked!)
Also just having a quick smart PG will help UNI. AJ and Phyfe are efficient if they can get shots.
Regardless, T Ulis is not to shabby, so I don’t think there’s gonna be regrets at Iowa.

People gets so caught up on height and size. Maybe 10 15 years ago. You can’t hand check no more. You can’t even give a some what hard foul without putting your team in a hole or being ejected. These comments are very out dated. I have not seen the kid play. But if his skills are truly there, look out. Plus he is left handed.
Who was that Ohio st player about 5-9 or so, that played against Roy, BJ etc. And he got hurt against the Hawks, too.

Who was that Ohio st player about 5-9 or so, that played against Roy, BJ etc. And he got hurt against the Hawks, too.

Wasn't there a stokes kid that was little that played there years ago, seemed like they had him and another little fella at the same time

Isu fans think they're too good for white guys. Its hilarious.

They think they are the modern day version of Tarks UNLV.

They're embarrassing hicks.

I support ISU when they aren’t playing Iowa but this is pretty true.

I appreciate Frans ability to evaluate talent and also find the best fit for the team. He does a great job of getting guys to play together. Prohm may be able to get some super talented individuals but none of those guys want to fill certain roles and it kills their chemistry. They all want to be the dude.

Reactions: NI hawk
Wasn't there a stokes kid that was little that played there years ago, seemed like they had him and another little fella at the same time
Stokes and Taylor played for Ohio state about 35 years ago. Both 6' or shorter.

People gets so caught up on height and size. Maybe 10 15 years ago. You can’t hand check no more. You can’t even give a some what hard foul without putting your team in a hole or being ejected. These comments are very out dated. I have not seen the kid play. But if his skills are truly there, look out. Plus he is left handed.

You can definitely still hand check in college, whether or not its technically allowed.

You can also, grab bump and hip check.

I have never seen him play and realize this is a very short clip but he looks like he could add some muscle to his frame (15LBS?) but his shooting mechanics look excellent and he seems to have some nice hops. Seems to play under control. Fran likes to recruit height, but has brought in more true guards in the past few years (CJF, JT, Ulis, Perkins). Just a couple years ago you could count the number of guys 6'2" and under that Fran brought in one one hand.

I am guessing Fran is thinking potential ceiling and feeling like Ulis and Perkins have higher ones. Hope he is right.

No disrespect to Born, but I like Ulis. Would not take Born over him.

Ulis looks like he could be special. Am basing on very limited visibility, but the way he looked as a true freshman in Covid year (minimal prep) was impressive. I realize it was not against Duke, but most true freshman look pretty crappy even against the Towson State's.

I've only seen him play a couple of times.

He's not big, unless he gets stronger size would be an issue in the B1G if he were going to play there. He is a really good shooter, a great ball handler and a nice passer. I've seen questions about competition level, that's nonsense, he plays in one of the toughest conferences in the state.

I don't know that I'll regret the Hawks not offering or signing him, however, if they had and he signed, I'd have been pretty happy. He's going to be a really nice college player. My ONLY concern with him going forward if he played for Iowa would be size/build.

I believe you're correct on his size. He's not big nor overly quick (like Joe T).

Born averaged 14.5 pts in their two losses this week. The kid is obviously a baller, but he does look like a kid amongst men on the court.
I don’t think he is a baller. I think he is a shooter. He can’t guard a big guard. He is a severe liability on the defensive end. Too bad he is not bigger.

People overreact to the measurables sometimes. College BB is a guards game and it always helps to have a great shooter. Seeing his film, it looks like he has enough pure athletic ability to play at the P5 level. The other thing I notice is that he is actually really good at driving and has a pretty good first step. Lastly, he is really comfortable with the mid range pull up and that is lost on this days kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT