ADVERTISEMENT

Bradley @ Iowa Baseball

Mar 14, 2003
Iowa hosts Bradley for a midweek game. It looks like Andrew Hedrick will get the start. I am interested to see how Iowa does in midweek games this year.

HawkeyeSports says its on BTDN?

I would encourage anybody in the Iowa City area to just go to the game if they can, it's at 3pm and only $5 for adults.

Iowa loses to Bradley in a midweek game by the score of 7-0. Just appears to be one of those days that wasn't Iowa's and that will happen in baseball. Iowa is now 14-7 and 2-1 in the B1G with a series at Michigan coming up.

It appears Andew Hedrick did not start or pitch for Iowa today, so I am not sure what the issue is? Hope it's not an injury.

It looks like Iowa went Johnny Wholestaff against Bradley with Kuebel, Allen, Mandel, Reinhardt, Radtke, Hickman, Hibbing, and Rumpf all throwing today.

Sasha Kuebel tossed two scoreless innings to start the game, does this mean he does not start on Saturday? It appears that Blake Hickman and Nick Hibbing really struggled today and were responsibility for 6 of Bradley's 7 runs. That's kind of huge as we really need those two to step up.

It was 1-0 until the 8th when Bradley broke it wide open.

Iowa had 6 hits on the day with Jake Yachinich being the only Hawkeye with more than one hit,

Like I said, just appears not to be Iowa's day and that will/is going to happen in baseball and with this team. Just have to keep working and bounce back against Michigan.

Bradley did throw a pretty salty pitcher at Iowa as he had like a 1.89 ERA this year in 20 or so innings and a couple starts. He went 8 innings, allowing just 5 hits.

Coach Heller said in his postgame interview that Andrew Hedrick rolled his ankle in practice last night and was not able to go. That is rather unfortunate as I think we need a guy like Hedrick for these midweek games.

Bradley's pitcher had only walked one batter all season and has still walked one batter after the Iowa game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT