ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking: Swiss arrest FIFA officials for U.S.

I'm pretty sure Fox was going to sue FIFA with the potential of a winter World Cup but then FIFA awarded them the 2026 World Cup with no formal bidding

With all of these guys with charges and likely trials... You know Sepp is going to get it sooner or later. The question is will they move the 2018 WC... not that far off. I think the 2022 has to move, doesn't it. The only places with existing facilities to pull these off easily on short notice and draw huge would be UEFA and USA. Has multiple counties ever hosted before? I think it would be cool to have a couple sites in Germany, Italy, Spain, France, etc.

Because having it in 3rd world countries built by slaves, having rich tourists come in blow loads of cash and having the rich 1%ers in those slums pocket the cash and let the economy return to ish and the stadiums and infrastructure decay is a lot more proper. It's the FIFA/IOC way.

The Olympics need to pick a European spot (Greece) for the summer games and a spot for the winter ones and just leave them there.

Greece does not have any money of their own to invest and their government is essentially in chaos and even leaning toward Russia. Their relationship with the EU is in tatters, and may not survive. Greece would be a very risky choice.

I'm glad with all the problems and corruption in the US our government can find the time to go after something so central to American interests as FIFA.

So the Feds should be complicit in an international racketeering, bribery and money laundering scheme that uses American financial institutions and infrastructure. Particularly one that seems to include a Middle East nation as a major actor. One that has also been committing numerous human rights violations including human trafficking? If that were the case, Bush should be dropping bombs on us.

With all of these guys with charges and likely trials... You know Sepp is going to get it sooner or later. The question is will they move the 2018 WC... not that far off. I think the 2022 has to move, doesn't it. The only places with existing facilities to pull these off easily on short notice and draw huge would be UEFA and USA. Has multiple counties ever hosted before? I think it would be cool to have a couple sites in Germany, Italy, Spain, France, etc.

Korea and Japan in 2002

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT