ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Young

srams21

HR Legend
May 23, 2004
How the hell is this kid going to survive the NFL long term? Dude looks way smaller than even his listed size. He legit looks he's 5'9 and 170 pounds.

Reactions: noleclone2
How the hell is this kid going to survive the NFL long term? Dude looks way smaller than even his listed size. He legit looks he's 5'9 and 170 pounds.

One of the biggest reasons I was okay with bears trading away the #1 pick. Talent aside, I’m just not sure he can stay healthy in the pros, after already being hurt in college.

At the Combine he was 5'10 and 204 pounds officially. But yeah pretty small.

I think Stroud is going to be the best QB out of this class and who I would of taken. He played pretty damn good on Sunday.

At some point you are too small to play the position. He is definitely testing the limits.

If he can read very quick and release the ball very quickly and accurately maybe it will work. That’s asking a lot.

I don’t see him surviving a lot of big hits.

I think Stroud is going to be the best QB out of this class and who I would of taken. He played pretty damn good on Sunday.

Richardson played pretty good but went out with a concussion.

Reactions: beanerhawk
I had no idea who the fugg he was or where he played college ball. Definitely small.

race camel GIF

Reactions: Thunderlips71
ESPN reports the Panthers can’t use Bryce Young for quarterback sneaks because he’s too small.
At 5'10" and 204 pounds, Young “just isn’t big enough to make that work. Plus, he doesn’t have experience at it,” ESPN’s David Newton said. The Panthers have had to bring in Andy Dalton to take the QB sneak opportunities through Week 2. Not being able to use Young on sneaks “could be an issue moving forward” for a struggling Carolina offense, Newton said. Young remains a superflex-only option in the run-first Panthers offense.

Stroud is taking a lot of hits because the Texans can never get their line right (this year a lot of that has to do with injuries and Laremy Tunsil had decided he ain't playing through any kind of soreness for this team). Hopefully it doesn't mess him up like it did to David Carr.

Stroud is taking a lot of hits because the Texans can never get their line right (this year a lot of that has to do with injuries and Laremy Tunsil had decided he ain't playing through any kind of soreness for this team). Hopefully it doesn't mess him up like it did to David Carr.
Same thing happened to Burrow and he over came it. It'll be interesting to see if CJ can do the same.

Stroud is doing pretty well so far with a terrible OL. He's completing 64% of his passes and no interceptions yet. Pretty good start for him. I thought he was the best QB in a so-so class.

Reactions: beanerhawk
I remember when 205 pounds was a solid weight for an NFL QB.

Of course, that was when OL were 270-290 pounds and not 350 pound behemoths.

Wilson was/is quite a bit stockier than Young. That also matters quite a bit.

The inability to get away from anyone if they got a hand on him was very noticeable Monday, the inability to shake defenders that get a hand on him is going to be a problem they have to figure out for long-term success.

Reactions: mnole03
The inability to get away from anyone if they got a hand on him was very noticeable Monday, the inability to shake defenders that get a hand on him is going to be a problem they have to figure out for long-term success.
That line won’t protect him long enough. Kid’s going to get hurt.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Stroud was incredible in the CFP game against Georgia. It seems that he was almost penalized for playing with incredible WR's while at Ohio State. I think he'll be a terrific NFL QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT