ADVERTISEMENT

Buh-bye, Angel Reece!

Pretty limited roster spots in the WNBA. I don't think she sticks around long. ZERO scoring threat outside 5 feet. Her "personality" will get her an opportunity.

Nothing against O'GRADY, but she shut Reese's a$$ down. Good luck against the bigs at the next level LOL

Caitlin is just as competitive as Angel, if not more so. Elite athletes in every sport trash talk and Angel did back it up. Caitlin has done her share of trash talking and hand gestures. Like it or not it is part of the game. Best of luck to her in the WNBA, I have no idea how she will do and it's not my concern.

Of course they're both competitive. They talk trash and gesture during the games. The difference is that Angel continued AFTER last year's game was over and LSU had won, and actually chased down Caitlin on the court to throw gestures and insults in her face. That was not being competitive. That was insultingly terrible sports(wo)man ship. The game was over with.

I think this is the reason for her decision….

comedy-00.gif

Last edited:
Bayou Barbie has declared for the WNBA draft today. Guess she had a change of heart. Last I heard, she was incensed at being ranked #8 in their draft.
Really hate that the Sky drafted her, very annoying to listen to her interviews during Chicago sports shows/segments…🙁

Reactions: Bishop-71
Bayou Barbie’s prospects at the next level are mixed, pros say. Her height at the position and her shooting range are real weaknesses.
In her 1st pre-season game, Reese scored 13 points and had nine rebounds, two steals and one block in only 24 minutes. I realize it is only one game, but I have a feeling posts like the above might not age well.

In her 1st pre-season game, Reese scored 13 points and had nine rebounds, two steals and one block in only 24 minutes. I realize it is only one game, but I have a feeling posts like the above might not age well.
She has great rebounding instincts. Only 2-9 from the field and was a minus 21 while on the court. However, she seems like she knows she has weakness’s (obviously a jumper from more than 10 feet) and she plays hard. She’s far from a finished product. If she continues to board like that, which I think she will, she’ll be a solid player but never a number 1 on any team. To many other weaknesses.

Reactions: Ree4 and MilleGinja
Can’t still believe our white middle aged fans are still ragging on Reece. I hope she has a successful WNBA career.
Nothing about color in my dislike for Reese’s demeanor, as I have the same disdain for that big white girl from Stanford (don’t recall her name?) that just got highly drafted in WNBA. Neither carry themselves with much class.

Reese’s team plays tonight on TV 7:00pm I think.WNBA channel.

Nothing about color in my dislike for Reese’s demeanor, as I have the same disdain for that big white girl from Stanford (don’t recall her name?) that just got highly drafted in WNBA. Neither carry themselves with much class.

If it wasn’t for Cameron, Caitlin probably would have got hit by a bus.

• Haha
Reactions: ddeanHawk
Of course they're both competitive. They talk trash and gesture during the games. The difference is that Angel continued AFTER last year's game was over and LSU had won, and actually chased down Caitlin on the court to throw gestures and insults in her face. That was not being competitive. That was insultingly terrible sports(wo)man ship. The game was over with.
Spot on - to compare Clark’s competitive juices to Reece’s antics is ludicrous…..😎

Cordoso is out for at least a month with an injury, so I'm guessing that Reese will get more minutes to prove herself. I think she'll do just fine. If people just forgive her admittedly trashy championship game behavior, I think she's matured and will be good for the game.

Cordoso is out for at least a month with an injury, so I'm guessing that Reese will get more minutes to prove herself. I think she'll do just fine. If people just forgive her admittedly trashy championship game behavior, I think she's matured and will be good for the game.
She seems to be figuring it out a bit. Whether or not it's because someone has finally convinced her that being a complete jackass isn't a successful long term plan or a path to very many lucrative endorsement deals or if she is just maturing as a human being I don't know. Probably a bit of both. I guess I really don't care how she is privately. I don't have to interact with her. But I do think she is improving her public image.

Now she needs to get the internet trolls that keep trying to play up this Reese should be getting what Caitlin has gotten just for likes and hits under control because those aren't helping her. However, 200k people watching a live stream from someone's phone is something to pay attention to and finally evidence that people are actually watching her play as well.

Reactions: MplsHawk
She seems to be figuring it out a bit. Whether or not it's because someone has finally convinced her that being a complete jackass isn't a successful long term plan or a path to very many lucrative endorsement deals or if she is just maturing as a human being I don't know. Probably a bit of both. I guess I really don't care how she is privately. I don't have to interact with her. But I do think she is improving her public image.

Now she needs to get the internet trolls that keep trying to play up this Reese should be getting what Caitlin has gotten just for likes and hits under control because those aren't helping her. However, 200k people watching a live stream from someone's phone is something to pay attention to and finally evidence that people are actually watching her play as well.
Good point - I do think there is a maturing process taking place, although she was going a little overboard with kissing up in a recent interview I watched….think Jimmy Fallon on a caffeine buzz…😉

Massive truth bomb

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT