ADVERTISEMENT

Cable and satellite TV have reached the "doom loop" portion of their inevitable demise . . .

I do. I like it. I'm old school so I like having channel numbers. If you choose to get DirecTV stream you only need to get one of their Gemini air devices. The app works great on Roku and FireTV. Also DirecTV customer service is much better than what I had with Dish. They answer quickly, are easy to understand, and very knowledgeable.
Explain this Gemini air device. You mean it's not just an app on your Roku/Fire interface?

Explain this Gemini air device. You mean it's not just an app on your Roku/Fire interface?
GEMINI-AIR_0.JPG

It looks like this and plugs into one of your tv's hdmi slots like a Roku or Firestick would. It comes with a remote that looks like this:
GEMINI-AIR_4.JPG

You are required to get one of these in order to have DirecTV stream, but you can add the app to as many other devices (Roku, Fire, Smart TV, etc.) as you want with no additional receiver costs.

I may be wrong about being required to have one Gemini air device. It's required for me, but it might have something to do with the package and rewards I received when I signed up.

I may be wrong about being required to have one Gemini air device. It's required for me, but it might have something to do with the package and rewards I received when I signed up.
I just looked it up. It is not required for DirectTV Stream. What you have is DirectTV Internet. The perk is the remote. The downside is the Gemini is $15/month and you need one for each TV.

I'd probably go with the straight DirectTV Stream instead.

What you all need to do is get the best possible internet you can at your location and then find a hookup for a super super not illegal at all app for your firestick.

I have about 15,000 live tv channels and probably another 20,000 movies and tv shows for $200 a year.

I just looked it up. It is not required for DirectTV Stream. What you have is DirectTV Internet. The perk is the remote. The downside is the Gemini is $15/month and you need one for each TV.

I'd probably go with the straight DirectTV Stream instead.
I pay $8 a month for the Gemini. I can watch DirecTV Stream on other devices and TVs without the Gemini as well. I just don't have the remote with all the shortcuts like guide, previous, home, numbers, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT