ADVERTISEMENT

Cade's arm strength

WildTurk

HB Heisman
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2011
We normally complain about the QB throwing missiles over the heads of the receivers. Or rockets into the dirt in front of them. I don't think Cade has that problem. Even when he steps up in the pocket he can't seem to get it there.

Is Jake Rudock a fair comparison? Does Sullivan have a bigger arm?

It's pretty obvious after watching him through a handful of games now that his arm strength is below most big time College quarterbacks.

We normally complain about the QB throwing missiles over the heads of the receivers. Or rockets into the dirt in front of them. I don't think Cade has that problem. Even when he steps up in the pocket he can't seem to get it there.

It's one reason I questioned NOT going for a FG on the last play, or a series of flea-flicker plus hook-and-ladder moves.

We hear how strong Drew's leg is this year. Or, enough, anyway, for me to trust his leg over Cade's arm in that desperation scenario.

Reactions: acuhawk
It's one reason I questioned NOT going for a FG on the last play, or a series of flea-flicker plus hook-and-ladder moves.

We hear how strong Drew's leg is this year. Or, enough, anyway, for me to trust his leg over Cade's arm in that desperation scenario.
How long would've the FG try been?

NOW we can start to talk about him not stepping into throws. The week before I was like, well he threw a 35 yarder to Gill. I said that when everyone was saying he is throwing off his back foot. Well........... you can not throw as far with not so good mechanics. So we have a couple options. Try and correct it and suffer with in accuracy some more, or it is what it is and don't expect him to be able to throw the long ball. Tough call at this point in the season.

His arm strength is severely lacking, teams are going to be squatting even more than usual because he can't throw far enough to worry anyone.

His arm strength has been an issue since his Michigan days. It is a large part of why Michigan opened up the QB competition in 2022 (the other was JJ being more of a threat with his legs)...but if you go look at him in 2021 he compensated for it.

I have said this many times (and I'm not the only one...a lot of you see the same thing)...he just doesn't look like the same guy he was prior to the '22 injury. Of course it is mostly physical...he needs his body in tune to make "all the throws" but at this point the mental part appears to be making it much worse. What made Cade what he was, in 21, is he had a confidence (in himself and body) where he just went out and played. I haven't seen that guy since the injuries.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez

I thought field goal but that would have been 67 yards. Probably just outside of any realistic chances of making it. After the abysmal Hail Mary attempt I said if that's all he can do, a hook and ladder would have been better option. In a list of very poor options.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT