ADVERTISEMENT

Cael Vanderbush

Not surprising. He's like #6 on the depth chart; he was immediately behind Ostrenga that he came in with, was already passed by Ortwerth in the class behind him, and could never take snaps away from small school transfer Stilianos or walk-on Pascuzzi. Obviously nothing changed during spring ball. Disappointing for me personally because he's from my neck of the woods. TE room is just absolutely loaded and someone had to be the odd man out. I wish him well.

I still think Fisher and DeJong are going to get paid via NIL instead of scholarship if they need to. One of the podcasts mentioned that as an option. Borud I believe is a PWO subsidized by Swarm.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
I still think Fisher and DeJong are going to get paid via NIL instead of scholarship if they need to.
Those two have already had 5 full years of college. Do they really need any more scholarship $? If they have their degrees, do they have to be full-time students or can they just take one 3-hr Graduate level course to stay eligible? That just costs a couple hundred bucks.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Those two have already had 5 full years of college. Do they really need any more scholarship $? If they have their degrees, do they have to be full-time students or can they just take one 3-hr Graduate level course to stay eligible? That just costs a couple hundred bucks.
Even as grad students there is a minimum requirement, i.e., no "just-one-course-will-suffice". Which is stupid now that pay-for-play is all but fact.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT