ADVERTISEMENT

*****Caitlin Cark Awards Thread*****

Who cast the lone vote for Cameron Brink? Just curious...
Don't think we know. The AP votes are done at the end of the regular season, but announced now.

But if I had to guess, it would be AP voter Cora Hall, Knoxville News Sentinel. She has been a consistent Iowa hater the last two years, and regularly votes Iowa lower than any of the other AP voters. In the final regular season AP poll, she had Iowa 7th. But this is just a guess. Could easily be a west coast AP voter.

Reactions: Franisdaman
She is the greatest to ever do it in the Women's game. The game has not seen this level of a scorer/shooter/passer ever. It's not a debate. People will bring up stupid arguments, but it's just ridiculous. The talent in the Women's game is at an all time high, and she has dominated the game. Even if she never wins an Natty, she's taken this team further than anyone could.

She is the greatest to ever do it in the Women's game. The game has not seen this level of a scorer/shooter/passer ever. It's not a debate. People will bring up stupid arguments, but it's just ridiculous. The talent in the Women's game is at an all time high, and she has dominated the game. Even if she never wins an Natty, she's taken this team further than anyone could.

Without covid, she'd have over 4,100 points, almost 1,200 assists and over 1,000 rebounds.

The math:

She lost 6 games her freshman year (covid shortened season) & 2 games her sophomore year (3 games were canceled because of covid but 1 game was added last second).

FR year averages: 26.6 pts, 8.9 FGM, 3.9 three pters, 7.1 assts, 5.9 rebs

SO year averages: 27.0 pts, 8.9 FGM, 2.8 three pters, 8 assts, 8 rebs

The first number below is her current stat. The number under that, in red, would be if she had played those 6 games lost her freshmen year and 2 games lost her sophomore year.

Caitlin's Career Numbers (in just 137 games):

3,900 points (#1 in D-I history)
160 pts lost FR yr
54 pts lost SO yr
4,114 Points without covid

1,276 Field Goals (#1 in D-I history)
54 lost FR yr
18 lost SO yr
1,348 Field Goals without covid

540 three-pointers (#1 in D-I history)
23 lost FR yr
6 lost SO yr
569 three-pointers without covid

1,132 assists (#3 in D-I history; Suzie McConnell of Penn State is #1 at 1,307)
43 lost FR yr
16 lost SO yr
1,191 assists without covid

973 rebounds
35 lost FR yr
16 lost SO yr
1,024 rebounds without covid

Reactions: Legs94
The Dawn Staley PG award goes to …Hannah Hidilgo from ND. Per Staley, best two way guard in the country. 😂

Amusingly stupid. HH scores 9 points less per game, has less 3-pointers per game, shoots at a lower percentage, shoots 3-pointers at a lower percentage, shoots free throws at a much lower percentage, dishes out 3.5 less assists per game, has less rebounds per game, has a worse assist-to-turnover ratio, and has less blocks per game. Statistically, she's better than CC at steals. That's it.

Reactions: hawkosx
Crock of....

The Dawn Staley Award goes to the nation’s top guard and is named for current South Carolina head coach Dawn Staley, who was a two-time National Player of the Year during her Hall of Fame career at the University of Virginia.

“The Dawn Staley Award goes to the player who demonstrates exceptional skills, leadership and performance at the guard position," Staley said in the award announcement on Friday. "Hannah’s court vision, passing ability, ball-handling and ability to create scoring opportunities for herself and her teammates combined with her relentless defense is unmatched. She is the embodiment of a two way force on the basketball court and the essence of what the award represents. In a season where there are several deserving candidates, Hannah has separated herself from the group.”

Reactions: Chuck C
The best player in the country doesn’t even win the award for the best player at her position? After winning it her first 3 years and then having arguably the best statistical season ever by a WBB.

The best player in the country doesn’t even win the award for the best player at her position? After winning it her first 3 years and then having arguably the best statistical season ever by a WBB.
Funny, early in the year I had a thought that Clark would not win the Staley this season. Dawn's been very vocal that "the love" needs to be spread around more to the other great players. Then as the season went on, I figured NO way she doesn't sweep the awards right? This is the mark of a VERY small person. I wonder if Dawn thinks someone else should have won the Naismoth coaches award, since she's won it 4 or the last 5 years and there are many great coaches out there.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Well, Clark did win it in 2021 when Bueckers was player of the year, so it all balances out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT