ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark is the best women's basketball player that has ever lived.

longliveCS40

HB Legend
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2002
Posting early in the new forum for future generations to see and appreciate. Feel free to post CC highlights.

Womens Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

A lot of things are true about CC.

Does she act like a John McEnroe spoiled brat on the court sometimes? Yes.

Would Cooper DeJean beat her 1 on 1? Yes.

Is she the best player of the game of basketball I’ve ever seen? Yes.

Reactions: longliveCS40
CC at her worst is no John McEnroe. Almost anyone with any competitive fire would react much the same way CC does to blatant and consistent incompetence and/or bias from the officials.

And I'm not so sure Cooper would defeat CC 1-on-1. With CC's 3-point shots from over 30 feet, I think it would be an amazing competiton.

But yes, she's clearly the best female basketball player of all time . . . and she's only halfway through her rookie season in the WNBA.

Her most recent stat line:

29 points / 13 assists / 5 rebounds / 5 steals / 3 blocks

And as we all know, if her teammates were better at catching passes and making lay-ups, CC would have another 4 or 5 assists a game. (Did you see that off-the-dribble, behind-the-back bounce back to Smith for a lay-up? Pretty sweet.)

CC at her worst is no John McEnroe. Almost anyone with any competitive fire would react much the same way CC does to blatant and consistent incompetence and/or bias from the officials.

And I'm not so sure Cooper would defeat CC 1-on-1. With CC's 3-point shots from over 30 feet, I think it would be an amazing competiton.

But yes, she's clearly the best female basketball player of all time . . . and she's only halfway through her rookie season in the WNBA.

And as we all know, if her teammates were better at catching passes and making lay-ups, CC would have another 4 or 5 assists a game. (Did you see that off-the-dribble, behind-the-back bounce back to Smith for a lay-up? Pretty sweet.)
I agree that WNBA officials have been awful regarding CC.
What I’m referring to is the throwing up of hands and McCafferying to the refs, which she’s done her whole career. That’s made it easy for our enemies to dislike her.

I'm not ready to say that CC best female basketball player now or of all time, but she is a phenomenal basketball player who continues to surprise me by getting better and better. She's damn good and may someday be the best ever. That being said, it is no shame to CC for me to say that if Cooper went all out he would easily beat CC 1-on-1. She wouldn't get any shots off from any distance if he played to shut her down. He is just too strong and athletic for even the best female players in the world to beat 1-on-1. It is a comparison that never needs to be made, but I seriously doubt that given time to hone his game there is any female player on the planet that could beat him 1-1.

Reactions: ZachJump
I'm not ready to say that CC best female basketball player now or of all time, but she is a phenomenal basketball player who continues to surprise me by getting better and better. She's damn good and may someday be the best ever. That being said, it is no shame to CC for me to say that if Cooper went all out he would easily beat CC 1-on-1. She wouldn't get any shots off from any distance if he played to shut her down. He is just too strong and athletic for even the best female players in the world to beat 1-on-1. It is a comparison that never needs to be made, but I seriously doubt that given time to hone his game there is any female player on the planet that could beat him 1-1.
Don't buy the "she'd never get a shot off". Bullshit. Believe it or don't, she has faced some REALLY good athletic defenders, and NO one can stop that up move into the step back three thats her trademark shot. She gets so much seperation on that shot, she'd get it off. Yes CDJ is a GREAT athlete, but they are the same height, and Clark is actually probably longer in reach then CDJ. (Yes , he has way better hops). Without question he bottle her up quite a bit, but to say she'd "never get a shot off" from any distance is just silly.....

The NCAA career scoring record automatically places her in the center of any GOAT debate

But it is the scoring prowess together with her passing ability which clearly separates her from any other WBB player at any level, past or present.

Add leadership qualities and character to the equation and her superiority is indisputable.

The NCAA career scoring record automatically places her in the center of any GOAT debate

But it is the scoring prowess together with her passing ability which clearly separates her from any other WBB player at any level, past or present.

Add leadership qualities and character to the equation and her superiority is indisputable.
She's the entire enchilada. Not only a terrific athlete,but an incredible spokesman. She'll be worth every dime that her sponsors pay her. She has the IT factor. I can only sit back and marvel at her abilities.

Posting early in the new forum for future generations to see and appreciate. Feel free to post CC highlights.

Many sports have a list of skills etc that make players the top in the history of that sport. In baseball they talk about 5 tool players who hit for power, average, get a lot of rbis, have speed, a great glove, and can run. Some big home run hitters are not great hitters for avg, maybe not all that fast, and arent that great with a glove. So they are not hall of famers.

In basketball, when looking at guards you are talking dribbling, speed, passing, shooting and Clark is really really great at all of those. Her passing her junior year at Iowa separated her from many scorers.

But at 6 foot roughly she is great at positioning for rebounds and has quick hands to get steals.

She can go all those things as well as or better that most all women players but at the same time I havent watched the women over the years like a Cheryl Miller, etc.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Don't buy the "she'd never get a shot off". Bullshit. Believe it or don't, she has faced some REALLY good athletic defenders, and NO one can stop that up move into the step back three thats her trademark shot. She gets so much seperation on that shot, she'd get it off. Yes CDJ is a GREAT athlete, but they are the same height, and Clark is actually probably longer in reach then CDJ. (Yes , he has way better hops). Without question he bottle her up quite a bit, but to say she'd "never get a shot off" from any distance is just silly.....

Agree to disagree. Maybe I should revise that to "she'd never get a good shot off" because she could of course throw up an off balance prayer. It might be a bit of hyperbole, but only a bit. Cooper is a world class male athlete who is much faster, quicker and stronger than her. The difference is drastic. He can jump much higher than her. He weighs much more than her. She is a great basketball player, but not a world class female athlete, and even a world class female athlete can't match Cooper's athleticism. If it wasn't a friendly game just for fun, it would not be close and she might not score at all. Caitlin has never faced a defender with that kind of athleticism, and nor should she. He's a man and she's a woman. This is not meant to throw shade on CC. She's amazing being what she is...a woman playing basketball.

I'd add that her shot blocking knack is pretty remarkable.

Agree to disagree. Maybe I should revise that to "she'd never get a good shot off" because she could of course throw up an off balance prayer. It might be a bit of hyperbole, but only a bit. Cooper is a world class male athlete who is much faster, quicker and stronger than her. The difference is drastic. He can jump much higher than her. He weighs much more than her. She is a great basketball player, but not a world class female athlete, and even a world class female athlete can't match Cooper's athleticism. If it wasn't a friendly game just for fun, it would not be close and she might not score at all. Caitlin has never faced a defender with that kind of athleticism, and nor should she. He's a man and she's a woman. This is not meant to throw shade on CC. She's amazing being what she is...a woman playing basketball.
Cc is playing against men every game :oops:

CC has the same problem Michael and Kobe had and that is she can't understand why her teammates can't be as good as she is. Or she wants them to be on that level and they aren't so she calls them out on it. This only works if you go out on a nightly basis and show why they should be listening to you. It tends to piss off the teammates though, regardless, but if you show you are the GOAT, there isn't much they can do but grudgingly accept the criticism and try to get better. Nobody likes to be told they aren't good enough.

And that stat line was yet another record....nobody in the WNBA....OR....the NBA has ever had that combination of a stat line....EVER

Reactions: longliveCS40
She's the entire enchilada. Not only a terrific athlete,but an incredible spokesman. She'll be worth every dime that her sponsors pay her. She has the IT factor. I can only sit back and marvel at her abilities.
In terms of her Wilson signature basketballs selling out in moments, the Wilson execs must have been like:

schwing GIF

What I’m referring to is the throwing up of hands and McCafferying to the refs, which she’s done her whole career. That’s made it easy for our enemies to dislike her.
Every star in the WNBA does that at least twice a game.

Big difference is that she advances in tournaments :). Everybody LIKES Fran that is an opponent as he really is not a great threat to great success. CC on the other hand can rip your heart out. Therefore.....some people don't like her and won't no matter what.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT