ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark set some WNBA records today

But but but but turnover! There's always another "but" from the haters.
She's at 5.5 TO/game right now. I think that she should be able to get that down to 4 by the end of the season at it will end up looking much better.

Reese fans are some of the dumbest people I've seen. They like to share this incorrect meme where Reese is first in points among rookies and going to be rookie of the month. No mention of how awful she is at shooting.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Reese fans are some of the dumbest people I've seen. They like to share this incorrect meme where Reese is first in points among rookies and going to be rookie of the month. No mention of how awful she is at shooting.
She is an amazing Offensive rebounder, although kind of in the way Moses Malone was. She gets a bunch of them off of her own misses, but she is a dawg on the glass, I'll giver her that......

Reactions: LukaDuka
But but but but turnover! There's always another "but" from the haters.
Yah, it's interesting that TOs are only mentioned in regard to Caitlin. I have yet to hear an announcer say, "Well, that was [fill in the blank]'s third turnover this quarter. They need to tighten it up." It's as if CC is the only player in the history of basketball to commit a turnover, and it's pretty ludicrous.

"She gets a bunch of them off of her own misses . . . "
LOL. I'm glad you pointed that out. I was just telling my wife that exact same thing when the Fever beat Chicago again the other day. A huge number of AR's rebounds are off HER OWN POINT-BLANK MISSES! Somebody needs to keep track of that. It's hilarious. Shoot, miss, rebound, miss, rebound, miss, rebound, miss, rebound . . .

Hell, the Chicago Sun-Times is even saying AR could be the WNBA Rookie of the Year. AR has ONE basketball "talent'--she's tall. End of story. As for everything else in basketball, AR couldn't carry CC's skims.

The Sun-Times should have more credibility than that. Being a homer is one thing, but claiming that about AR . . . What'll they say next? That the Cubs will win the 2024 World Series and Christopher Morel will win the Gold Glove at third base? That would be closer to reality than the AR claim. And that doesn't even take into account AR's immaturity and thugish style. If she hadn't mocked CC at the end of the national title game in '23, nobody would even know who AR is outside of the bayou . . . and maybe a few blocks of Chicago.

Most of her rebounds are from her misses😊😊

I will NEVER be an Angel Reese fan, but she does have a very good chance to be rookie of the month this time around. Until yesterday, she'd had five straight games with double-doubles. She's been playing really well. Too bad she's such an obnoxious jealous diva with an axe to grind.

LOL. I'm glad you pointed that out. I was just telling my wife that exact same thing when the Fever beat Chicago again the other day. A huge number of AR's rebounds are off HER OWN POINT-BLANK MISSES! Somebody needs to keep track of that. It's hilarious. Shoot, miss, rebound, miss, rebound, miss, rebound, miss, rebound . . .

Hell, the Chicago Sun-Times is even saying AR could be the WNBA Rookie of the Year. AR has ONE basketball "talent'--she's tall. End of story. As for everything else in basketball, AR couldn't carry CC's skims.

The Sun-Times should have more credibility than that. Being a homer is one thing, but claiming that about AR . . . What'll they say next? That the Cubs will win the 2024 World Series and Christopher Morel will win the Gold Glove at third base? That would be closer to reality than the AR claim. And that doesn't even take into account AR's immaturity and thugish style. If she hadn't mocked CC at the end of the national title game in '23, nobody would even know who AR is outside of the bayou . . . and maybe a few blocks of Chicago.
I'll cut her SOME slack. Rebounding is a valuable skill and she's as good at it(especially on the Oside) as anyone in the league not just rookies. She made her rep in college as a double/double machine and she's doing the same thing in the W. Certainly some context about how she gets so many is part of the equation, but she does the work. She's the womens version of Rodman. Screwy, and easy to dislike, but a real knack for positioning and treating every ball of the glass as hers. As far as the rookie of the year, you know there going to promote someone to compete with Clark for the award, so its not a runaway, and frankly there is no one else for them to bring up who's any kind of a challenge to what CC's doing, so basically by default Reese is the defacto competition. That and anything the media can do to pit them against one another is par for the course..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT