ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin is not alone. Now the Chiefs are the villain.

HawkNorth

HR All-State
Nov 24, 2003
America loves a winner. But they love even more when that winner gets taken down. The Chiefs were everybody’s darling for a few years. Now people are “tiring” of all the constant attention that the team gets and are looking for them to be taken down from their pedestal. It’s not their fault, the publicity machine just keeps on cranking until the top dog is knocked off. Then we move on to the next thing. Sound familiar? Here’s a good take from SI on that dynamic and the Chiefs.

The Chiefs are the villain?

They ARE the villain. Does State MaFarms have to be in every commercial that comes on? Or Travis showing us he got his vaccines while waiting for his DirecTV to get installed? Andy Reid is a genius coach but perhaps the worst person ever in a commercial.
Look, I get it: grab the money while you can. But for them to cry “victim” while simultaneously throwing confetti on themselves whilest eating Subway……

They ARE the villain. Does State MaFarms have to be in every commercial that comes on? Or Travis showing us he got his vaccines while waiting for his DirecTV to get installed? Andy Reid is a genius coach but perhaps the worst person ever in a commercial.
Look, I get it: grab the money while you can. But for them to cry “victim” while simultaneously throwing confetti on themselves whilest eating Subway……
Are the chiefs crying about being the victims?? Where are the quotes? In that article?

Reactions: littlez
you forget them cutting away to taylor swift between every damn play
That is totally overblown comment. I know it seems that way and I notice it too.

But as a long time chiefs fan and one that saw many of their really good teams just melt away in December I love their success after not winning a super bowl in over 50 years.

I wont mind if the chiefs lose because Kittle will get a ring

Reactions: BGHAWK
America loves a winner. But they love even more when that winner gets taken down. The Chiefs were everybody’s darling for a few years. Now people are “tiring” of all the constant attention that the team gets and are looking for them to be taken down from their pedestal. It’s not their fault, the publicity machine just keeps on cranking until the top dog is knocked off. Then we move on to the next thing. Sound familiar? Here’s a good take from SI on that dynamic and the Chiefs.

I want Kittle to get a ring; I hope he does.

The Chiefs are on a nice 5 year run; if they win tomorrow, that's 3 Super Bowl wins in 5 years.

The Chiefs are good and they win the close games.

Check this out:

2024:
The Bills should have taken them out at home; KC instead wins by 3.
Baltimore, at home, gives up just 17 pts to the Chiefs but score just 10.

2023:
KC beats Cincy 23-20 in the AFC Championship
KC beats Philly 38-35 in the Super Bowl

The Chiefs chose this path, my fellow Hawk fan.

They're getting the preferential treatment (refs, media, Taylor Swift), complaining about not getting more of it (Mahomes), and don't gaf if people are tired of any of those aspects because they're the champs and will let us know how much better they are than everyone else (Kelce's words).

They are a villain by choice.

They were fine until they made that choice.............sorry to break it to you, buddy.

All 29 seconds per game?

I seriously don't know why people hate the Chiefs other than they win. When you win and are generally not a total dirtball, you get endorsement deals.

It isn't Pat's fault everyone wants him on TV deals, like you said. His wife, brother and father are much more annoying than Patrick actually is.

Kelce gets so much hate for Taylor Swift running football and having the audacity to show up to his games. What guy wouldn't want his girlfriend at his games? He's not asking for her to be on camera.

Andy Reid has gone from hilarious and the ultimate players coach that everyone wanted to get a ring. Now he has 2 and people get after him for being the same guy he's always been.

The Chiefs are a small market team who has drafted extremely well and retained as many players as we could while not being able to afford others. It is awesome to see what they have done.

We are America. We make everyone into a villain because we want to see them fall after being successful. Makes us feel better, I guess.

Last edited:

They're getting the preferential treatment (refs, media, Taylor Swift), complaining about not getting more of it (Mahomes), and don't gaf if people are tired of any of those aspects because they're the champs and will let us know how much better they are than everyone else (Kelce's words).

They were fine until they made that choice.............sorry to break it to you, buddy.
Preferential treatment from the refs my ass.

I was in Kansas over last weekend to visit relatives and my crazy MAGA FIL — who AFAIK was a diehard lifelong Chiefs fan — actually believes that the whole thing is fixed in favor of the Chiefs, Taylor Swift is in on it and so are the democrats. It’s nuts. If it wasn’t family I would have pressed for more details but I had to let it go. This country is ****ed.

I was in Kansas over last weekend to visit relatives and my crazy MAGA FIL — who AFAIK was a diehard lifelong Chiefs fan — actually believes that the whole thing is fixed in favor of the Chiefs, Taylor Swift is in on it and so are the democrats. It’s nuts. If it wasn’t family I would have pressed for more details but I had to let it go. This country is ****ed.
Tough visit did you puke up during your time there?

Yessss!!

AFC Championship Game showed Swift for 44 seconds the entire game and a bunch of angry knuckleheads just looking for something to be angry about make it sound like she’s on for almost half the game! Why let facts get in the way though. Sounds a lot like Sheryl Swopes!! Or whatever her name is.

Stop with the political crap. Take it to off topic.

Go Chiefs!

Take this political crap to another forum.

Reactions: 83Hawk
Yep. The chiefs kryptonite, Joe Burrow wasn't in the playoffs this year, can't really think of any other QB that can beat Mahomes once the playoffs come around.

In a close game, in the Super Bowl, I just don't think Brock Purdy will make the plays that Mahomes has made.

And i can already picture Taylor Swift on the field, postgame, kissing her boyfriend.

Hope I am wrong.

Reactions: carrier9
Chiefs blow.
shake it off taylor swift GIF

There are real villians in the world so we don't need to put that on sportsballers. Unless it is an Aaron Hernandez type, but he was a murderer that happened to also play football.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
All 29 seconds per game?

I seriously don't know why people hate the Chiefs other than they win. When you win and are generally not a total dirtball, you get endorsement deals.

It isn't Pat's fault everyone wants him on TV deals, like you said. His wife, brother and father are much more annoying than Patrick actually is.

Kelce gets so much hate for Taylor Swift running football and having the audacity to show up to his games. What guy wouldn't want his girlfriend at his games? He's not asking for her to be on camera.

Andy Reid has gone from hilarious and the ultimate players coach that everyone wanted to get a ring. Now he has 2 and people get after him for being the same guy he's always been.

The Chiefs are a small market team who has drafted extremely well and retained as many players as we could while not being able to afford others. It is awesome to see what they have done.

We are America. We make everyone into a villain because we want to see them fall after being successful. Makes us feel better, I guess.
22b9b488e94d67fd76b65db2a6ce857c.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bierhalter

ah ah...watch yourself. Saying anything remotely negative about TS just proves that you're a misogynist lunk head who's afraid of strong independent women. Haven't you been keeping up?

ah ah...watch yourself. Saying anything remotely negative about TS just proves that you're a misogynist lunk head who's afraid of strong independent women. Haven't you been keeping up?
Well if it bothers you so much for the 29 seconds, yes, I’ll say it again, 29 seconds an Entire game she’s shown then yes, you’re a lunkhead. Which you obviously are.

Well if it bothers you so much for the 29 seconds, yes, I’ll say it again, 29 seconds an Entire game she’s shown then yes, you’re a lunkhead. Which you obviously are.
Where did I say it "bothered me so much for 29 seconds"? It doesn't/didn't. I could give a shit.

But I do recognize the strange need for some to rush to judgement and burn those deemed culturally inappropriate heretics at the stake. Interesting times we live in.

Last edited:
How about the idea that folks don’t turn on football to be constantly shown wives/girlfriends?
Like they don’t turn on games to be shown protests.
Or political commentary.
Just the game.

It’s totally not her fault I readily admit.
Also if we’re going to be showing wives/GFs then let’s put the camera on McCaffreys gal and forget the damned game.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT