ADVERTISEMENT

California good times

It's so funny seeing the same nonsense being spewed by the same posters over and over and over again. They've bought into the Trump claim that there's no power at night or when the wind doesn't blow.

A hint for those of you supporting this line of thinking - power requirements at night are much less than those during the day.
Is Trump the Supreme Commander of Europe too? They seem to be having some " energy concerns" as well. Those damn Dutch Windmills just don't cut it for everyone. LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Is Trump the Supreme Commander of Europe too? They seem to be having some " energy concerns" as well. Those damn Dutch Windmills just don't cut it for everyone. LOL!
Wow - talk about being ignorant. Europe has "energy concerns" due to the access to oil and gas. JFC

It's so funny seeing the same nonsense being spewed by the same posters over and over and over again. They've bought into the Trump claim that there's no power at night or when the wind doesn't blow.

A hint for those of you supporting this line of thinking - power requirements at night are much less than those during the day.
Power requirements at night are less at night, but something has changed over the last 2 years. Electricity prices are much higher now even at night. Where power plants were reducing generation overnight before, they aren't nearly as much if at all many nights as the load is needed. That's my personal experience working in the power industry. I'm not in California though.

Power requirements at night are less at night, but something has changed over the last 2 years. Electricity prices are much higher now even at night. Where power plants were reducing generation overnight before, they aren't nearly as much if at all many nights as the load is needed. That's my personal experience working in the power industry.
The demand is still much lower and so is the cost - particularly compared to the price of gasoline to power a car.

The point here is that some knuckleheads seem to think the grid is running at capacity all the time and adding EVs to it at night will push it over the edge. That's not the case.

Not daily, but for a significant part of June and July we were asked to conserve power and have had rolling brown outs.
Where is this? I'm in coastal Orange County, and haven't seen a single mention of power conservation anywhere until this week.

The demand is still much lower and so is the cost - particularly compared to the price of gasoline to power a car.

The point here is that some knuckleheads seem to think the grid is running at capacity all the time and adding EVs to it at night will push it over the edge. That's not the case.
As I said demand and prices aren't dropping off at night like they used to. It's been pretty shocking to me as I have to monitor it at work. Adding EVs to the grid at night causing issues would depend on how many. If we all bought one there would be issues.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
As I said demand and prices aren't dropping off at night like they used to. It's been pretty shocking to me as I have to monitor it at work. Adding EVs to the grid at night causing issues would depend on how many. If we all bought one there would be issues.
Lol. The demand of EVs will be no where near as much as AC on a hot day. That's what causes the power issues during the day. It's simply a scare tactic by those against EVs.

lol, yes things are terrible here. I'm going to refrain from running my dishwasher until after 9pm. Pray for me.
Tomorrow I head up to Tahoe. My mode of transportation once I get there will largely be kayak - so that should save energy as well. Oh the humanity!!
clear_kayak_lake_tahoe_small.jpg
What a dump.....I can't wait for the mass exodus.......so I can move in

Reactions: luvmyhawks
The US is adding new power generation to the grid all the time. Not all of that is to replace old coal power stations. For example, we will add @46 gwh of electricity from all sources this year, with 36 gwh of that from solar, wind, and battery storage.

1 gwh (gigawatt hour) can power 750,000k homes.

Going forward, the vast majority of all new generation will be from solar, with estimates being that we will be adding 50 gwh/yr in 5 years, and 100 gwh/yr soon thereafter *of solar alone*.

Here's a breakdown, if you're interested

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=50818

Last edited:
Ban the sale of new dryers in 2035? Kidding...

But I do think about how much dang electricity we use with our dryer in our home... if we would just take the extra time to use a clothes line like our parents used to.

California can probably use clothes lines year round... Unlike us in the Midwest!

The US is adding new power generation to the grid all the time. Not all of that is to replace old coal power stations. For example, we will add @46 gwh of electricity from all sources this year, with 36 gwh of that from solar, wind, and battery storage.

1 gwh (gigawatt hour) can power 750,000k homes.

Going forward, the vast majority of all new generation will be from solar, with estimates being that we will be adding 50 gwh/yr in 5 years, and 100 gwh/yr soon thereafter.

Here's a breakdown, if you're interested

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=50818

All good news. I'm all for the continued transition to renewable energy!

But still have concerns with the transition pains we may go through and the stress that Electric cars will put on the grid AND what the mining process is for car batteries AND the recycling of those batteries....

I'm still optimistic that all those concerns will be addressed over time. I'd think that car battery recycling/rebuilding would be a HUGE business opportunity going forward.

Sorry went off on a tangent with electric cars, but they ALWAYS get brought up in the electric grid concerns.

Lol. The demand of EVs will be no where near as much as AC on a hot day. That's what causes the power issues during the day. It's simply a scare tactic by those against EVs.
The average electric vehicle requires 30 kilowatt-hours to travel 100 miles — the same amount of electricity an average American home uses each day to run appliances, computers, lights and heating and air conditioning.

Reactions: ihhawk and Hammer93
You need to take @Hawkeyenuts66 dick out of your mouth. He's too old for you, Jared Fogel. Stick to what you know best, the youngins.
Why would you come up with something like this? Do you have some sick infatuation with sucking dick? Maybe you're jealous because you're not the pivot man. Whatever obsession you have with dick, you can leave mine out of the equation.

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
The average electric vehicle requires 30 kilowatt-hours to travel 100 miles — the same amount of electricity an average American home uses each day to run appliances, computers, lights and heating and air conditioning.

Average Electrical Consumption per Month​

We Americans like to use a lot of electricity! An average US household consumes approximately 975 kilowatt-hours of electricity each month, three times more than the United Kingdom. Germany and Italy consume even less, 277 and 220 kilowatt-hours retrospectively.

https://www.electricrate.com/data-center/national-average-kwh-usage/#:~:text=An average U.S. residential household uses about 877,are a number of things you can do!

An electric car will use about 340 kWhs in a month. Far less than the average household.

Also, when electricity is used is as important as how much is used. Power plants have to be able to supply for peak demand which occurs during hot days when AC is running. Electricity consumption at night is far less and adding EVs will not put the same strain on the grid at those times. More electricity will be used, no doubt, but the issues with the grid are peak times, not total capacity.

You Fing idiots can't figure out how to get an I.D., but you're gonna school the rest of the world on a variety of subjects. LOL Albert!
I know you are a fan of John Phillips and how he lived his life. So I have to ask what your favorite Mamas and Papas song is?

They should bring back the rolling blackouts they had when I lived there. Fun times!

They should bring back the rolling blackouts they had when I lived there. Fun times!
I don't recall a blackout since I left LA more than 20 years ago. But as long as it keeps the midwestern conservatives from visiting/moving here I'll good with talking about them like they're a daily occurrence.

I know you are a fan of John Phillips and how he lived his life. So I have to ask what your favorite Mamas and Papas song is?
Speaking of Papa's, I'm sure your birthing parent was a Papa. Odds are it's John Phillips. I assume they just call you Junior at the family reunions. LOL!

Can't even banter with you, it's like talking trash a 5 year old. Man what a lame attempt that was by you. Work on your dis game your corny mofo.
I'm not bantering with you Junior. I'm telling you to stick it in your ass like I always do. Why? Because you're a Fing moron. Comprende'

• Haha
I'm not bantering with you Junior. I'm telling you to stick it in your ass like I always do. Why? Because you're a Fing moron. Comprende'
A little better, John. Can't wait to hear you determine if you like Dasonte Bowen or not based on what his favorite movie is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT