ADVERTISEMENT

Campolattanos been shut down for the remainder

Vallholl

HR Legend
Feb 2, 2013
PISCATAWAY - Andrew Campolattano, who sat out the final seven dual meets for Rutgers wrestling, has been shut down from official competition for the remainder of the season ahead of the Big Ten Championships, according to Rutgers coach Scott Goodale.

Much was expected from the New Jersey high school wrestling legend in his first season at Rutgers, where he transferred after a tumultuous two-year stint Ohio State. By the time Campolattano was eligible, for the first Big Ten match in school history, nearly two years had passed since his last bout.

Campolattano, who was 178-1 in his career at Bound Brook High School and 40-26 at Ohio State, won his first match for Rutgers but lost each of the next four as he struggled to make weight at 197 pounds.

Andrew Campolattano will not wrestle for @RUWrestling at @B1GWrestling Championships http://t.co/cMaA2Vs3UN#CHOPNation#BoundBrook- Ryan Dunleavy (@rydunleavy) February 25, 2015

linky

Why not just go HWT if can not make 197 the guy is very athletic so should have as much success there as he did at 197. Crazy his only loss in HS was to Hawkeye Mike Evans.

As an FYI - I just saw him listed as one of the "favorites" at 285 for this weekend's National Collegiate Open.

Camp is wrestling Heavyweight in this weekends National Collegiate Open in Virgina. If he bulks up for Heavyweight next season, his wrestle offs against Jr Billy Smith (ranked around 18) should be very interesting, sort of like Lawson & Gingrich at PSU. One poster on the RU message board site who claims to have inside info of the RU wrestling room (not me), says they are very competitive right now. Coach G says Camp is an excellent practice partner for Smith as well. So we shall see.

It's a shame NCAA doesn't have a 220 pound weight class as High School has.

I thought all of Rutgers' hwts transferred Iowa when we need them.
wink.r191677.gif

Abro1975 posted on 3/1/2015...
Camp is wrestling Heavyweight in this weekends National Collegiate Open in Virgina. If he bulks up for Heavyweight next season, his wrestle offs against Jr Billy Smith (ranked around 18) should be very interesting, sort of like Lawson & Gingrich at PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT