ADVERTISEMENT

Can Oglesby channel his inner 1999 Kent McCausland?

SlabHawk

Team MVP
Oct 7, 2009
8 treys in the two tourney wins in 1999. He was Iowa's career three point shooter so he had a strong history going into the tournament but brought us back in that win against Arkansas. We need someone to step up and hit some key shots in this tourney!

Just had this same conversation with someone two days ago, wondering if JO can play a McCausland role in the tournament.

McCausland may be one of the most under-appreciated Hawkeye basketball players of the last 20 years. The kid was money from 3...led the NATION in 3-point shooting as a junior. And his overall game was adequate. I'd take Kent on any Hawkeye team any time, certainly including this one.

And yes, the Hawkeyes do need Jok, Oglesby, and the rest to get hot in the NCAAs. If they do, this Iowa team could make a pretty good run. So yah, let's go all McCausland in 2015.

I would love it if Oglesby gets super hot to win a big tournament game. That would turn him from a fan whipping boy to a fan hero instantly.

I would love to see Iowa get hot and go deep in the Tournament. But, I see no reason to believe Oglesby is going to turn into some kind of scoring machine all of a sudden. He had 1 rebound in his last Big Ten Tournament game. That was it.
I'm sure JO is a great guy, but his play hasn't been remarkable the last couple of seasons. Hope he can contribute this time.
GO HAWKS!

I think if a combination of Jok, Gessel and Oglesby combine for a McCauslandesque performance this weekend we'll be OK.

Maybe he is, and he's just been waiting for the right moment -- the NCAAs -- to come on out.
wink.r191677.gif

Don't look for Oglesby to change his stripes just because its tournament time........he didn't against Penn State in the Big 10 tournament. In 18 Big 10 games that he played in, he made the following # of baskets;

0-8 times
1-5 times
2-3 times
3-1 time
4-1 time
DNP-1 time (Iowa won)

So to even hope/think he could do a Kent McCausland (or come close) isn't going to happen. I'll just leave it at that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT