ADVERTISEMENT

car models that have the most DUI

THE_DEVIL

HB King
Aug 16, 2005
Hell, Michigan
www.livecoinwatch.com
455657053_929708652535053_5374027982105271796_n.jpg

i can confirm that 2 of the 3 s10's in my town have alcoholics with multiple OWI's. All three look to be begging to be pulled over even sober.

Would love to see this adjusted for the number of each of those vehicle on the road.. I'm guessing the BMW and Audi are clearly on top.

The S-10 was discontinued in 2004. I guess they're really well built...

They were very well built. The 4wd models tend to be all used up by now, but there's LOTS of 2wd models still running around. I dunno about anywhere else, but the ones I see around CR are mostly 2wd's that look like they were old man owned that parked them in garages their entire life.

I own a 2000 regular cab 2wd...the only rust on the entire vehicle is on bumpers which is a common malady of EVERY truck made during this era. No rear wheel well rust, no cab corner/rocker panel rust (it was "Ziebarted"), no bed rust too. The cab interior has no tears and is in perfect shape. Carfax on it had 2 owners from 2000 to 2020 when I bought it, and from the looks of things they took really good care of it. I bought it for $5000 on August 10, 2020 (Derecho Day). I closed the deal 90 minutes before the storm hit, drove it home and parked it in my driveway. Never got so much as a scratch on it.

In 4 years, the only repairs I've had to do is a new thermostat and a new battery. It's probably been my best value vehicle purchase since the new millennium.

There's a lot of 2nd gen Rangers (I think their last year was 2011) around town too yet, but most of them are 4wd versions and a LOT of those look damn good as well. Dakotas are VERY rare any more - I work with a guy that has one and it's pretty much a unicorn...darn near perfect shape.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
They were very well built. The 4wd models tend to be all used up by now, but there's LOTS of 2wd models still running around. I dunno about anywhere else, but the ones I see around CR are mostly 2wd's that look like they were old man owned that parked them in garages their entire life.

I own a 2000 regular cab 2wd...the only rust on the entire vehicle is on bumpers which is a common malady of EVERY truck made during this era. No rear wheel well rust, no cab corner/rocker panel rust (it was "Ziebarted"), no bed rust too. The cab interior has no tears and is in perfect shape. Carfax on it had 2 owners from 2000 to 2020 when I bought it, and from the looks of things they took really good care of it. I bought it for $5000 on August 10, 2020 (Derecho Day). I closed the deal 90 minutes before the storm hit, drove it home and parked it in my driveway. Never got so much as a scratch on it.

In 4 years, the only repairs I've had to do is a new thermostat and a new battery. It's probably been my best value vehicle purchase since the new millennium.

There's a lot of 2nd gen Rangers (I think their last year was 2011) around town too yet, but most of them are 4wd versions and a LOT of those look damn good as well. Dakotas are VERY rare any more - I work with a guy that has one and it's pretty much a unicorn...darn near perfect shape.
I have a 1990 S10 2wd long box with a 4.3L. 82k miles and runs like a champ!

I have a 1990 S10 2wd long box with a 4.3L. 82k miles and runs like a champ!

NICE. Those 1st gens are getting really hard to find any more.

There's a really nice white/red one on the south side of CR that looks like an excellent survivor. 4wd extended cab, not a spot of rust on it. From how often I've seen it he must live near me (Kirkwood area) and it's his daily driver.

Puts a smile on my face every time I see it...beautiful truck.

NICE. Those 1st gens are getting really hard to find any more.

There's a really nice white/red one on the south side of CR that looks like an excellent survivor. 4wd extended cab, not a spot of rust on it. From how often I've seen it he must live near me (Kirkwood area) and it's his daily driver.

Puts a smile on my face every time I see it...beautiful truck.
Mine's a standard cab, but the cab corners are gone with surface rust elsewhere. I couldn't get a quote from local body shops to repaint it. All they want are accident repairs.

The S-10 was discontinued in 2004. I guess they're really well built or this stat sheet is around 20 years old. The Dakota was discontinued in 2011...
Not necesaarily. The criteria is “Drivers per 1,000 with one or more DUI citations on their record.”

That doesn’t necessarily mean there are a lot of people getting DUIs in S-10s or Dakotas. It just means that of the ones that are still left, there is a higher than average percentage of owners who have had a DUI at some point.

Mine's a standard cab, but the cab corners are gone with surface rust elsewhere. I couldn't get a quote from local body shops to repaint it. All they want are accident repairs.

Not surprising. You almost have to go to a restoration shop to get work like that done any more, or do the work yourself. And I doubt a restoration shop would touch it because you're not doing the entire truck, just the rust repairs. A small town independent shop might be interested. The kind of shop where the guy does the work out of his home garage - that kind of thing.

I also own a 2002 BMW 3 series with rear wheel well rust - haven't even tried to find a place to do it. It sucks because it's only got 135k miles yet runs perfect.

Reactions: Kelsers
good guys drive Toyota and Hondas
Camry man here. Though I did get an O-dub back in the day driving a Ford Escape. Never again.

Interesting thing I learned during the o-dub class/ hotel weekend, Coralville cop told us that basically anyone they're following after midnight they're basically looking for any reason to pull them over, as the % of people driving drunk between 12-5am is massive. Also that the field sobriety test basically means nothing and just acts as a buffer prior to the breath test so that they can waste some time so that the perp can't claim mouthwash effect.

If you drive a car that screams "look at me" or you drive a truck that is really loud, you are begging to be pulled over.

what was Kim Reynolds driving.. twice.
Probably the motorists she forced off of I-35 could tell us?

So, you know if she was only stopped 2X, imagine how many times she actually drove drunk and didn't get pulled over?
Amazing to realize she was one friendly judge away from being ineligible to run for elected office to living at Terrace Hill.
Ain't Merica great?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT