ADVERTISEMENT

Car thief beaten to death after stealing car with three children inside...

He probably didn’t even know the kids were in the car until he got in. If this happened at 9:00pm then it was already dark. He saw someone leave her car running and took the opportunity to steal it.
You're right, but how do you make that determination? Maybe car thieves should be more careful and not accidentally steal someones children.

Bottom line, the punishment meted out - a savage beating resulting in death - is completely non-proportional to the crime.

This is why we have police and a judicial system. Had the dad and the others roughed up the carjacker a bit after tracking him down, subduing him and waiting for the cops, I am almost certain they would be in little to no trouble. Now, some or all of them are likely going to go to jail and have criminal records.

Just super, super dumb.

"How do you know it was my first reaction?"

Wife can't find the broken piece and is freaking out.

I say no way she swallowed it.

Jm07aK4.jpg

Docs said ER now.

Not shitting.

No joke I'm going to ER now with baby.

She looks just fine. Can't find broken piece of dq spoon. Damn.

Wow!! You BLOCKED ME?

**update dr. Called back said it's cool

I'm not sure who I pissed off but damn that was evil.

Still can't reply. And screen capture is BLOCKED This time. "Unable to capture screenshot. Prevented by security policy."

Recording....

Jfc. .. she's fine

OK I'll go

Seems pretty "in the moment" to me

He probably didn’t even know the kids were in the car until he got in. If this happened at 9:00pm then it was already dark. He saw someone leave her car running and took the opportunity to steal it.
A good explanation, and probably true...but still worthy of being beaten to death, IMO.

Reactions: Soulpwnd
Bottom line, the punishment meted out - a savage beating resulting in death - is completely non-proportional to the crime.

This is why we have police and a judicial system. Had the dad and the others roughed up the carjacker a bit after tracking him down, subduing him and waiting for the cops, I am almost certain they would be in little to no trouble. Now, some or all of them are likely going to go to jail and have criminal records.

Just super, super dumb.
Totally disagree.

Jeopardizing the lives of 3 children is worthy of being beaten to death.

A Philadelphia father led bystanders in fatally beating a suspect who stole his girlfriend’s car while their three young children were still inside, police said.

The vehicle, a Hyundai sedan, was parked outside a North Philadelphia pizza parlor with the engine still running Thursday when a man sped off with it around 9 p.m., according to authorities. The 25-year-old car owner was inside the restaurant at the time, where her 25-year-old boyfriend, who is also the father of her children, is an employee.

The 54-year-old suspect was able to drive about half a block before he became ensnared in traffic, which allowed the couple a chance to catch up with him and force him out of the vehicle, NBC 10 reported.

The car thief then fled on foot, but the father again caught up with him and started throwing punches and kicks. Other men joined in on the fight and eventually, the suspect was knocked on unconscious.

He was rushed to Temple University Hospital, where he died from his injuries, which included severe head trauma.

The woman and her boyfriend — neither of who were identified — were taken into custody and are cooperating with investigators.

Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Scott Small said both the homicide unit and the District Attorney’s Office are working to determine whether to bring charges against the father.

The three children, a 7-month-old, a 1-year-old and a 5-year-old, were not injured in the incident. They are currently staying with other family members.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cr...0190712-fsdlr7wd4jgtnir7si6h2ca6oy-story.html

Rule #1 for car thieves: make sure you have a clear getaway route.
Ignore post. Brain broke doing the math on the kid ages.

Reactions: TunzaHawk
Totally disagree.

Well he was apparently on some level a responsible driver. It's not like he stole the car and bulldozed his way through traffic, testing the upper limits of the sweet Hyundai he nabbed. I'm in the camp of catch him, do what's necessary to render him fully subdued and compliant, wait for police. Now, if in the process he just took a lethal blow that wasn't really intended to be lethal, tough shit, shoulda wore a helmet I guess.

It is hard to blame a guy for an extreme reaction to watching some stranger driving off with your kids.

By your standards...let the beatings begin. Lots of people gonna die.

I hate to seem insensitive, but a lot of innocent people die when doing no wrong. I'm not going to weep for a guilty person's death. I don't have a big problem when bad peoples actions result in them getting beaten, possibly resulting in death. If you respect other people, their property and the laws, you usually don't have to worry about getting killed by the victims.

$500 fine. .. What do you do with 3 sleeping babies in the car? Go inside and ask father for help maybe? How long was she gone? I know it's 2019 but, one woman cannot carry 3 kids at the same time. You have to make multiple trips.... Not saying that's what she did, but I'd hardly think criminal.
The father sounds like a good dad, and the others who helped him are ok people too.:)

She could have texted him and stayed in the car with the kids? I mean, somehow in our country women and men manage to drive with kids in their cars without leaving them alone while the cars running. I don't know, the country is what it is.

Totally disagree.

So you're saying the mom should have been beaten to death for jeopardizing her children by leaving them unattended in a running car at 9 PM in a rough area of Philly? Okay.

Reactions: billanole
What's really funny to me is how this thread matches the thread about the belligerent misogynist man getting attacked at a bagel shop -- just a day before! There's a pretty healthy portion of people who believe in vigilante justice. In a way, I'm okay with that, but if we do let's just stop wasting taxes on law enforcement, the courts, and prisons (the criminal justice system). That's a lot of saved money. Viva la Wild West!

What's really funny to me is how this thread matches the thread about the belligerent misogynist man getting attacked at a bagel shop -- just a day before! There's a pretty healthy portion of people who believe in vigilante justice. In a way, I'm okay with that, but if we do let's just stop wasting taxes on law enforcement, the courts, and prisons (the criminal justice system). That's a lot of saved money. Viva la Wild West!

Reacting in the moment to defend yourself or others is not the definition of vigilante justice. Simmer down.

Hey vigilante justice is just their version of the truth about justice.

It just happens to differ from the U.S. legal system's truth about the definition of justice.

That's all.

Reactions: Eternal Return
She could have texted him and stayed in the car with the kids? I mean, somehow in our country women and men manage to drive with kids in their cars without leaving them alone while the cars running. I don't know, the country is what it is.
I'm just saying that we don't have enough details. Maybe she's a shitty mom.. or maybe she just used bad judgment.
I'd rather focus on the kidnapping problem, we can't walk 30 ft. away from your car to buy a slab while you're kids nap in the back?. Bullsh!t.. we deserve better and we should help our fellow humans so they don't need to steal cars.. kidnappers can die tho.

"The car thief then fled on foot, but the father again caught up with him...": Uh oh for the dad. Could be as much as second degree murder, I think.
If the prosecuting attorney is as qualified as Alex Acosta... 30 days in jail and a $14 fine should be enough.

A Philadelphia father led bystanders in fatally beating a suspect who stole his girlfriend’s car while their three young children were still inside, police said.

The vehicle, a Hyundai sedan, was parked outside a North Philadelphia pizza parlor with the engine still running Thursday when a man sped off with it around 9 p.m., according to authorities. The 25-year-old car owner was inside the restaurant at the time, where her 25-year-old boyfriend, who is also the father of her children, is an employee.

The 54-year-old suspect was able to drive about half a block before he became ensnared in traffic, which allowed the couple a chance to catch up with him and force him out of the vehicle, NBC 10 reported.

The car thief then fled on foot, but the father again caught up with him and started throwing punches and kicks. Other men joined in on the fight and eventually, the suspect was knocked on unconscious.

He was rushed to Temple University Hospital, where he died from his injuries, which included severe head trauma.

The woman and her boyfriend — neither of who were identified — were taken into custody and are cooperating with investigators.

Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Scott Small said both the homicide unit and the District Attorney’s Office are working to determine whether to bring charges against the father.

The three children, a 7-month-old, a 1-year-old and a 5-year-old, were not injured in the incident. They are currently staying with other family members.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cr...0190712-fsdlr7wd4jgtnir7si6h2ca6oy-story.html

Rule #1 for car thieves: make sure you have a clear getaway route.
Rule #1 for parents dont leave your kids in a running car.

How was he protecting himself or anyone else by chasing the guy down and beating him? If the guy is running away from you and the kids in the car the threat is pretty much over.
Apprehending a criminal is protecting himself and everyone else. That seems obvious. It’s also still in the moment so it’s not vigilante justice which requires some premeditation. Vigilante justice means the person is motivated by the sense they are enforcing some sort of standards That the law can’t or won’t enforce, not having an emotional reaction at the moment they were wronged.

Apprehending a criminal is protecting himself and everyone else. That seems obvious. It’s also still in the moment so it’s not vigilante justice which requires some premeditation. If he tracked the criminal down later and beat him to death, that would be vigilante justice.
As a father, I would think that my immediate instinct, once the car stopped and the guy took off running, would be to check on my kids and make sure they’re okay. But I guess this guy’s immediate instinct was to leave the kids in the car and go get a pound of flesh.

Reactions: torbee
As a father, I would think that my immediate instinct, once the car stopped and the guy took off running, would be to check on my kids and make sure they’re okay. But I guess this guy’s immediate instinct was to leave the kids in the car and go get a pound of flesh.
Yes that may be what went through his mind. That also explains why it’s not vigilante justice but just an emotional reaction in the moment. Of course he could also be thinking if he doesn’t stop the guy, he will do it again.

As a father, I would think that my immediate instinct, once the car stopped and the guy took off running, would be to check on my kids and make sure they’re okay.
That is the beta male approach. Feminists bent on worldwide male-emasculation would be proud.
:cool:

They were parked in front of a pizza shop. Probably just dashing in to pick up a pie.

And if you turn the car off, you are also turning off the air conditioner ... in which case, she would have been guilty of some level of abandonment.

She had to leave the car running ... and seemingly keep it in eyesight, which it sound like she did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT