ADVERTISEMENT

Carver roll call

Made it here. Parked in the Kinnick Society area tonight because I can't afford there tomorrow!

Reactions: jrod65
I was there. This season is going to be a nightmare logistically. Crowd was dead tonight and a Busch Light costs $8.50. Glad I snuck my 6’er in as usual. The bright side is now we don’t have to creatively hide the cans from nearby fun sponges.

6 hours of driving to see an hour of wrestling, but I made it. Accident on 380 backed up traffic to the point that I missed the first half of the dual. Took 70 minutes to get from 2 miles off the 80 exit to Carver. Rough to get off work early and drive that long to miss half the dual, but it was nice to get back to Carver.

14,905 in attendance. Got there early but raspberry ice cream stand was closed on our side so have to wait for next week!

Reactions: jrod65
Tonight was as dead of a crowd as I can remember since the Jimmy Z days. It was strange in there tonight.

BTW, can we please stop the “wooing” during HWT. It’s cringeworthy and embarrassing. So dumb.
I'm not sure how many others came from the direction of Cedar Rapids, but traffic was backed up pretty bad. 149 was starting on the radio when I was first driving past Carver and it looked like as many people were entering as you'd normally see 15 minutes before the start. With limited parking, I didn't get in until about the start of intermission, and there was still a line at the doors. Had to throw things off some. Probably a lot of new fans as well who were hoping to see the "stars" and had no idea who they were watching.

I'm not sure how many others came from the direction of Cedar Rapids, but traffic was backed up pretty bad. 149 was starting on the radio when I was first driving past Carver and it looked like as many people were entering as you'd normally see 15 minutes before the start. With limited parking, I didn't get in until about the start of intermission, and there was still a line at the doors. Had to throw things off some. Probably a lot of new fans as well who were hoping to see the "stars" and had no idea who they were watching.
Possibly…. There did seem to be quite a few newbs on the concourse.

Reactions: UndercoverHawk
6 hours of driving to see an hour of wrestling, but I made it. Accident on 380 backed up traffic to the point that I missed the first half of the dual. Took 70 minutes to get from 2 miles off the 80 exit to Carver. Rough to get off work early and drive that long to miss half the dual, but it was nice to get back to Carver.
I'm going to drive 6 hours one way, but only for the Penn State meet. Wasn't sure I cared that much about wanting to see us against Princeton, then decided at the last minute that I did and ponied up for BTN+ in a wild scramble before 7:00. (was just going to have Ironside on in the background otherwise) Watched the latter part of Southeast Polk thumping Ankeny after the dual on IHSNN stream.

Good to see the boys back in action.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT