ADVERTISEMENT

Cassioppi and Wilson to compete at U23 Worlds

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

Didn’t wake up early to watch but I believe Aiello was the only American to make the semis from today’s weights.

Didn’t wake up early to watch but I believe Aiello was the only American to make the semis from today’s weights.
yes an uncharacteristically poor performance from a US team these days. U23 can be a bit of a wild card due to inconsistent participation tbf.

Aiello looked like he was getting manhandled by the Russian but hung in there and hit a slick td to finish on criteria.

57 kg. Glory lost 11-11 criteria

65 kg. Demas won by forfeit, lost 6-3

70 kg. Mauler lost 10-1
The guys above are done

79 kg. Marsh lost 10-0 in 44 seconds.
still in it for repechage

97 kg Aiello won 5-3. He then beat the 2021 Yarygin Bronze Medalist 4-4 criteria. As stated he’s in the semis.

Reactions: jrod65 and el dub
This may have already been covered so I apologize if it has. Why is Marsh the USA rep at 79kg? He took 8th place at trials.

Their bout numbers seem weird. I thought Wilson’s first one was 586 and now his next match was 563. Cass is 10 matches deep.
I see. Thanks for the heads up. Im watching for it. I don't want to miss it like just did with Robb. Although I only had a 1 minute window 😄

There was a feed on UWW showing mat assignments but now it’s showing Mat C instead. 🤨

I see. Thanks for the heads up. Im watching for it. I don't want to miss it like just did with Robb. Although I only had a 1 minute window 😄

I'd say go into teams and competitions in floarena and select the notifications...it should text you the mat assignment and results if you want them.

Myles gave up two throws for 6 points plus a lost challenge point in the first. Came back strong in the second and the mat judge called a pin, but the side judges didn’t confirm.

Reactions: el dub
The video wasn't up for me to view on mat A. What was the sequence?
Wilson was working his double unders. Got Armenia with a trip. They fell to the mat and Wilson had the head but couldn’t get around the legs before losing the head. It was hard to tell from the angle how close the fall was but as said before, mat judge called it for a long while with no confirmation.

Wilson was working his double unders. Got Armenia with a trip. They fell to the mat and Wilson had the head but couldn’t get around the legs before losing the head. It was hard to tell from the angle how close the fall was but as said before, mat judge called it for a long while with no confirmation.

The video wasn't up for me to view on mat A. What was the sequence?
You should be able to view under replays. Wilson had double unders twice in the first period and each time he got thrown oob. Second period he got to a leg for a TD and then his opponent tried another throw and went straight to his back making it 7-4. Mat ref held his hand up for the fall but wasn’t confirmed. Opponent got a bit choppy the final minute trying to keep Myles at a distance.

Reactions: WildTurk
You should be able to view under replays. Wilson had double unders twice in the first period and each time he got thrown oob. Second period he got to a leg for a TD and then his opponent tried another throw and went straight to his back making it 7-4. Mat ref held his hand up for the fall but wasn’t confirmed. Opponent got a bit choppy the final minute trying to keep Myles at a distance.
I caught the last minute. I will have to watch the replay when it loads

Cass looking Svelt. Up 8-2 at the break. Had and early TD and 2 guts. Then another TD but gave up 2 on a roll through. Tony is very active

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT