ADVERTISEMENT

CBS NIL Coaches Poll

AmericaNeedsMe

Team MVP
Apr 16, 2024
Kansas State and absence of Michigan State and Oregon really the only surprises.

Also worth noting that Iowa State is nowhere to be found. So their great advantage over us in NIL may be complete BS.

Last edited:
Not a real football school until Alabama at 9. NIL is a putrid idea, full of all kinds of potential problems, glad Iowa is not a leader in this area.

• Haha
Reactions: monoman3232
Not a real football school until Alabama at 9. NIL is a putrid idea, full of all kinds of potential problems, glad Iowa is not a leader in this area.
That's some nuclear level copium.

Get Over It GIF

Copium: a fictional drug that online personalities consume after a loss, defeat, or disappointment

I am an online personality but the idea that I'm posting about NIL being a shot show idea is not because of loss, defeat or disappointment. But thanks for the quote.

Copium: a fictional drug that online personalities consume after a loss, defeat, or disappointment

I am an online personality but the idea that I'm posting about NIL being a shot show idea is not because of loss, defeat or disappointment. But thanks for the quote.
Very odd definition...in reality, coping is simply the attempt to rationalize negatives. Aesop's 'sour grapes' is one example. There are many.

...Anyhoo...I too am glad that even though Iowa participates in NIL, they are nevertheless unable to compete at the top of the talent marketplace. It makes Iowa somehow more virtuous....or more of a football school...or something that's better... for some reason....I guess....

lmao

Last edited:
Very odd definition...in reality, coping is simply the attempt to rationalize negatives. Aesop's 'sour grapes' is one example. There are many.

...Anyhoo...I too am glad that even though Iowa participates in NIL, they are nevertheless unable to compete at the top of the talent marketplace. It makes Iowa somehow more virtuous....or more of a football school...or something that's better... for some reason....I guess....

lmao
Copium is your word, not mine. I had to look it up for a meaning.

Iowa's stray into the world of NIL is a necessary evil. But you can see by current events and the way different schools handle such things and the way the NCAA doesn't seem to handle it at all, it's an extremely poor system, ripe with pitfalls and should be redone at least and done away with at best.

Copium is your word, not mine. I had to look it up for a meaning.

Iowa's stray into the world of NIL is a necessary evil. But you can see by current events and the way different schools handle such things and the way the NCAA doesn't seem to handle it at all, it's an extremely poor system, ripe with pitfalls and should be redone at least and done away with at best.
I'm hoping it evolves into something that at least vaguely hints at the "student athlete" era. Yeah...it's not happening...

For all of the Hogs NIL money, they finished the regular season with two more victories than us and were under .500 in the SEC. There for awhile, it seemed like every hoop stud was choosing Arkansas, but the end results were rather tepid until they got hot in the tournament. Would be nice for Iowa to put together one of those runs. Been awhile...

Kansas State and absence of Michigan State and Oregon really the only surprises.

Also worth noting that Iowa State is nowhere to be found. So their great advantage over us in NIL may be complete BS.

What does this informal poll have to do with Iowa State. The Clones can not be mentioned here and still have far more resources than us

Yeah, when Iowa is sitting at home more times than not in March will you still be talking about how glad you are that they're not a leader.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT