ADVERTISEMENT

CC and optimal performance

drh1150

HR MVP
Jan 11, 2003
In psychology it's known as "flow", a zone of creativity that happens without thinking, being immersed to the point where you are oblivious to time and surroundings.

You saw it at Michigan a few years ago in the 4th quarter of a losing effort where she was unconscious and as we watch there are times when I wonder if she will enter that zone where she will put up a 50 burger or beyond, just a mystical kind of night.

I mean, I'm not complaining but you can see the potential of something mind numbing.

Reactions: nelly02
hmmm GIF

it certainly seems that the great one's have the ability to block out everything in the moment

I agree it's the mental aspect is a huge part of it

Huh? Which she ends up doing every time the rest of the team takes a night off. And yet then she puts on her cape and saves the team from their "off night" people want to be critical........
Correct. ^^ I suppose if you turn your head far enough to the side and squint your eyes down to where you can barely see...yes, Clark probably did force a couple longer shots last night.

But...she also makes plenty of those "bad" shots AND she distributes the ball to teammates readily and well. Her teammates missed several open shots, ones that were really needed in the moment. I have ZERO problem with someone like Clark bailing them out with a couple of borderline shots.

Without her on the court last night, that very good MSU teams wins by 20+ IMO. Just enjoy the show with CC, I really think is a once in a generation type of player and it is very fun to watch.

I also REALLY appreciate her style and manner in her post game interviews. She seems to totally understand how awesome it is for her, and her team, to enjoy so much fan support. Win-win-win.

Huh? Which she ends up doing every time the rest of the team takes a night off. And yet then she puts on her cape and saves the team from their "off night" people want to be critical........
I don't think Stuelke took the night off but it is unacceptable to have senior staters (not named Clark) badly struggle at home against a B10 opponent. Give some credit to MSU and their effort. The team should be ready to play every game being well aware that opponents are going to go all out to take down the Hawks. Luckily CC thrives on the pressure.

She was, but I think it was more of a case where other players were not stepping up.
I understand just my observation maybe she needs to dumb it down a bit to the supporting cast she has now except for Stulkke

I understand just my observation maybe she needs to dumb it down a bit to the supporting cast she has now except for Stulkke
They won on her last second shot. To everyone else in this thread, its clear CC was only putting up that volume because the rest of the team of struggling. If you only watched part of the game it looks like hero ball. But there's a big difference between stat chasing and knowing the points won't come elsewhere.

She shot 14/34, 41%, the rest of the team shot 14/33 or 42%. When she is the main focus to defend and she still shoots a percentage like that, you have to be pleased.

The point you have that is valid is on her passes, 5 assist to 6 turnovers. You don't want your star player having a negative ratio as she should be able to draw defenses in a way that doesn't require wreck less passing. I would say maybe 2 of those were her teammates just not catching the ball though. It's definitely something she needs to improve to avoid it possibly being the cause for a future lose.

The two really tough stats to see is the rest of the team shot 1-10 from 3pt, and the bench had ... 4 points. That needs improvement. Seems odd Taylor McCabe didn't see any minutes with bench and support cast struggling from 3.

Correct. ^^ I suppose if you turn your head far enough to the side and squint your eyes down to where you can barely see...yes, Clark probably did force a couple longer shots last night.

But...she also makes plenty of those "bad" shots AND she distributes the ball to teammates readily and well. Her teammates missed several open shots, ones that were really needed in the moment. I have ZERO problem with someone like Clark bailing them out with a couple of borderline shots.

Without her on the court last night, that very good MSU teams wins by 20+ IMO. Just enjoy the show with CC, I really think is a once in a generation type of player and it is very fun to watch.

I also REALLY appreciate her style and manner in her post game interviews. She seems to totally understand how awesome it is for her, and her team, to enjoy so much fan support. Win-win-win.
I remember one pass in the 4th that left me thinking “what the hell was she trying to do there?” That’s pretty much it. No idea what she even saw on that one….but it’s one play as compared to all the magic she creates. I’m good with it.

She gets into the zone and does all the magic she does because she has a total green light. Sometimes that means she’s going to miss a shot badly or make a bad pass.

From the outside it easy to think that way. The problem is when you start "dumbing it down", pretty soon she's not making some of those super passes either. I'm sure Lisa has moments she'd like to pull her hair out, BUT with a talent like this you get the whole package warts and all, or you'd get a watered down version and then we wouldn't see what we're seeing. I for one will be REALLY interested to see her play at the next level, with way more talent around her. I think her game will really evolve with better, more skilled players, and opponents not being able to focus so much on her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT