ADVERTISEMENT

Central Iowans - Murph and Andy leaving at end of month

Great show. Talk about sports but a lot of other topics as well. Hope they can find some local talent that can carry on the show as they have a great routine.

I’m thinking Scott Sipker might be one of the options but not sure if people like him as much as he likes himself on the show. It’s like he showed up one Friday to do a segment and he kept showing up every Friday for the last hour of the show.

Great show. Talk about sports but a lot of other topics as well. Hope they can find some local talent that can carry on the show as they have a great routine.

I’m thinking Scott Sipker might be one of the options but not sure if people like him as much as he likes himself on the show. It’s like he showed up one Friday to do a segment and he kept showing up every Friday for the last hour of the show.

I'd suggest a ROT and cyclonefanatic hodgepodge. Radio sounds easier than it is though.

Okay, for those at are not central Iowans and our Florida friends. Check out KXNO.com for podcast of hour 2 last 15 minutes. Probably one of the most funny storys about baseball fans on ten cent beer night 50 years ago.

Usually takes a bit to upload from the studio.

FYI, streakers, flashers, fights, etc. True story

Tough news to take. They’ve been such a part of my routine for so long. Not to mention road trip filler when in the car for a long time.

I think the reason their show has worked so well is that neither one is a Hawkeye or Cyclone but they’ve been here so long that they know both schools so well that they can discuss topics for both schools easily.

Overall just easy going to listen to as well. Lots of times their shows aren’t even sports which is totally fine. KXNO has so much straight sports talk on the other shows.

This one is gonna sting. But 15 years for one radio show is rare nowadays.

Tough news to take. They’ve been such a part of my routine for so long. Not to mention road trip filler when in the car for a long time.

I think the reason their show has worked so well is that neither one is a Hawkeye or Cyclone but they’ve been here so long that they know both schools so well that they can discuss topics for both schools easily.

Overall just easy going to listen to as well. Lots of times their shows aren’t even sports which is totally fine. KXNO has so much straight sports talk on the other shows.

This one is gonna sting. But 15 years for one radio show is rare nowadays.

I enjoyed the "more" part than the sports part. They bring a lot of nuance to conversations.

CSB: I've been best call and worst call of the week.

I took down some homemade caramels one day. I was just happy to give them something. SIeptker ate most of them I'm guessing based upon his mouthful talking.

Always enjoyed show. Murphy outstanding. Andy was fine, but had a touch of arrogance.

They said on Channel 13 they might eventually do a podcast. Wonder if they would join the Iowa Everywhere network. That would be a big time pull for Williams.

This genuinely bums me out. Great show. The 3-6 show is not great. The big dumb douche Sean and the cyclone homer mother figure isn't very compelling. The producer Lucas Strain (sp?) is the best part of that show.

Yeah, huge bummer. Quality content is tough to come by anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT