ADVERTISEMENT

Cesspool Cooking Channel

vhsalum

HR MVP
Nov 14, 2002
It shouldn't get flooded in other more depressing threads. This thread is for all things food related. I'm sure it will be more BBQing than anything, which is not a problem in my mind.

I'll repost my chicken wing recipe.

Smoker/air fryer 350 till crispy

I marinate my wings:

Dan-Os
Soy sauce
Lemon pepper
mccormick BBQ

Sauce
Franks mild
Butter (whole stick)
Lemon juice
Parsley
Budweiser

Sprinkle a little lemon pepper after you toss

Reactions: eb05 and honkey69
Lol I'll repost mine too..

Welcome to the Cooking channel..
My wings, smoked at 350ish, mixture of 1/2 garlic salt, 1/2 celery salt sprinkled on before..
Cook to desired done ness...
Sauce..
Franks butter mixture, 1/2 cup of Sriracha and a few table spoons of garlic, can add honey too..
Toss then bake or regrill to keep crispyness.
We also do the same things with thighs instead of wings...

oh. and if you not making your own ranch, I have no words.

1 cup Mayo
1 cup Greek Yogurt
1 Hidden Valley Ranch Restaurant Style Buttermilk (seriously, no need to recreate this step. It's perfect and cuts down on the work)

dried parsley
dried dill

Use immersion blender to mix well.

This is going to be a thick mix. If you need it a bit more watery feel free to add a bit buttermilk.

Last edited:
1 Hidden Valley Ranch Restaurant Style Buttermilk (seriously, no need to recreate this step. It's perfect and cuts down on the work)
Is this a powder packet or is it liquid?

How much dried parsley and dill do you specifically add to this?

Is this a powder packet or is it liquid?

How much dried parsley and dill do you specifically add to this?
the powder packet.

And no specific amount on the dill and parsley - season till your sneezin.

Hidden-Valley-Gluten-Free-Buttermilk-Ranch-Salad-Dressing-and-Seasoning-Mix-0-4-oz_568db3b7-23a6-4f56-b053-b4e71fbad85d.183933ade010dba1c8a3a35ce0196bc9.jpeg

Reactions: sdvike
It shouldn't get flooded in other more depressing threads. This thread is for all things food related. I'm sure it will be more BBQing than anything, which is not a problem in my mind.

I marinate my wings:

Dan-Os
Soy sauce
Lemon pepper
mccormick BBQ

Franks mild
Butter (whole stick)
Lemon juice
Parsley
Budweiser

Looks excellent - I would only substitute in the store brand Louisiana Hot sauce for the Franks and add a tablespoon of honey for a slightly sweet hint. Closest thing I have found to the true Buffalo style. The air fryer works great for a nice crispy wing then toss in the sauce.

Reactions: vhsalum
Looks excellent - I would only substitute in the store brand Louisiana Hot sauce for the Franks and add a tablespoon of honey for a slightly sweet hint. Closest thing I have found to the true Buffalo style. The air fryer works great for a nice crispy wing then toss in the sauce.
Yeah. I've done the cheap-o walmart brand mild sauce. It's not really that big of a deal once you add the beer and and lemon juice.

I'm not a big fan of sweet in bbq. Not sure why, just never wanted it.

Yeah. I've done the cheap-o walmart brand mild sauce. It's not really that big of a deal once you add the beer and and lemon juice.

I'm not a big fan of sweet in bbq. Not sure why, just never wanted it.
I don't really use the honey to make it a sweet BBQ, mainly to slightly mute the salt from the marinade and hot sauce.

I marinate my wings:

Dan-Os
Soy sauce
Lemon pepper
mccormick BBQ

Sauce
Franks mild
Butter (whole stick)
Lemon juice
Parsley
Budweiser

Does this come in a vegan option? Asking for our Penn St. friends.

Vegans, those are people I definitely don't understand.
Never. And I don't want to.

I'm actually ok with vegans who eat like vegans, love the land, yada yada.

Pseudo-vegans? The ones who need to make jackfruit pulled pork vegan sammiches - I damn them all to hell. If you want to be vegan, do it. No need to substitute with meat-facsimiles.

we need to pay mineo to start spreading the rumor that cael is a vegan. that might be what finally ruins the dynasty

• Haha
2 reasons I am not a vegan.
1. I love bacon
2. I am not an idiot.

As to the Q.
My pulled pork finishing sauce.
one can frozen apple juice concentrate
using the apple juice can measure one can real apple cider vinegar
and one can maple syrup. Bring to a simmer and add,
red pepper flakes
onion powder
garlic powder
Smoke house Maple rub
dried mustard
black pepper
Bring to a boil and cut the heat. Let sit overnight. Bring back to a slow boil and strain out the red pepper flakes.

I use this as I pull the pork shoulders to help keep the flavor and moisture in the pork. Only reason to strain out the red pepper flakes is so people don't freak out that it is hot because they see a pepper seed.

• Haha
Reactions: Grip220 and vhsalum
2 reasons I am not a vegan.
1. I love bacon
2. I am not an idiot.

As to the Q.
My pulled pork finishing sauce.
one can frozen apple juice concentrate
using the apple juice can measure one can real apple cider vinegar
and one can maple syrup. Bring to a simmer and add,
red pepper flakes
onion powder
garlic powder
Smoke house Maple rub
dried mustard
black pepper
Bring to a boil and cut the heat. Let sit overnight. Bring back to a slow boil and strain out the red pepper flakes.

I use this as I pull the pork shoulders to help keep the flavor and moisture in the pork. Only reason to strain out the red pepper flakes is so people don't freak out that it is hot because they see a pepper seed.
This sounds amazing.

I definitely like to take that extra step with my pulled pork, after I rest it and pull it - THEN cook again a bit in the juice.

Reactions: Idahopennstatefan
Redneck Eggrolls
Take the left over pulled pork, add coleslaw, finely shredded pepper jack cheese and mix it all together in a large mixing bowl. Roll in eggroll wrappers and fry. Dip in BBQ sauce of your choice. leftovers can be reheated and crisped up in an air fryer real quick.

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT