ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Barkley’s friendship with a guy from Iowa

220px-Pepsilogo.png

Had to stop reading for a bit because I clearly got something in my eyes. Barkley was by far my favorite player when I was young, and now I like him even more.
I lived in Phoenix when he played for the Suns. I remember seeing him in person once and I flipped out. He’s definitely one of my all-time favorites. And as you said, this makes me like him even more. Him and Craig Sager were incredibly close too. He made a ton of trips to visit Craig during his cancer battles.

I lived in Phoenix when he played for the Suns. I remember seeing him in person once and I flipped out. He’s definitely one of my all-time favorites. And as you said, this makes me like him even more. Him and Craig Sager were incredibly close too. He made a ton of trips to visit Craig during his cancer battles.

Maybe he is a role model after all.

One of the things that struck me in that article was that Barkley doesn’t really have that many friends he likes to hang out with. He knows a bunch of people but they aren’t really friends. While the benefits of being a rich basketball player are incredible, think about how few people you meet want something from you. It would be hard to trust anyone.

One of the things that struck me in that article was that Barkley doesn’t really have that many friends he likes to hang out with. He knows a bunch of people but they aren’t really friends. While the benefits of being a rich basketball player are incredible, think about how few people you meet want something from you. It would be hard to trust anyone.

This is exactly why I don't keep all of the millions of dollars that I earn throughout the year...it would be too hard to determine who your real friends are. :D:D

But seriously, I could see where it could be truly lonely to be a star athlete/celebrity and for real not know that someone is just interested in being a friend v. sponging off of you. I think this is what makes this story so cool...just two guys being friends to each other.

Reactions: McLovin32
I heard this yesterday after two of my favorite national sports journalists tweeted it out. I cried twice: Once when it was revealed how they bonded over stories of their kids. And 2) realizing this guy’s last year rooting for Iowa basketball was 2017. :(

Reactions: McLovin32
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT