ADVERTISEMENT

Cheryl Miller new

I’m going to say something unpopular to a couple of you, but I am still not convinced Sides is an awful coach. This team is filled with piss poor defenders, look at it like this CC has probably become one of the two or three at worst fourth best defenders And she still has a long ways to go.

2nd CC is the reason, along with Boston, They are winning games but let’s remember if she was making two more three-pointers a game which is certainly doable based on her history we would’ve won at least three more games, maybe four… This team needs to grow and Linn Dunn and Christie have both only basically been there two years , this team based on past draft and what not was a train wreck

And there are plenty of smart guys on this board that have the same feeling. That doesn’t make us right, but our couple months of watching this league really doesn’t give us the kind of snapshot we really need.

And we have no clue what kind of coach Cheryl Miller would be🤷‍♂️

@littlez @kceasthawk

“Run, run, run, run, run”.

~ Cheryl Miller, HC of Phoenix (1997-2001)
When asked about what type of team she will put up on the floor.

Would fit Clark’s Iowa style. Just need to bring in the rim runners.

Not sure how much time they’ve had together but tonight might be fun🤷‍♂️

I’m going to say something unpopular to a couple of you, but I am still not convinced Sides is an awful coach. This team is filled with piss poor defenders, look at it like this CC has probably become one of the two or three at worst fourth best defenders And she still has a long ways to go.

2nd CC is the reason, along with Boston, They are winning games but let’s remember if she was making two more three-pointers a game which is certainly doable based on her history we would’ve won at least three more games, maybe four… This team needs to grow and Linn Dunn and Christie have both only basically been there two years , this team based on past draft and what not was a train wreck

And there are plenty of smart guys on this board that have the same feeling. That doesn’t make us right, but our couple months of watching this league really doesn’t give us the kind of snapshot we really need.

@littlez @kceasthawk
I'd agree that of the two issues, (coaching, and talent), the talent on the roster, (or should I say lack of talent) is the major issue. If Temi ever gets healthy I could see her making a real difference, especially in the transition game with CC. Another sturdy big would be a godsend as well. The new girl they brought in has some size but she seems to play on the perimeter alot and doesn't seem to have the atheticism to mix it up inside on defense. Then you get to the bench. Hull can give you 10-12 good minutes of defense and hustle, but she's not a really solid piece. The rest of the bench is without question a bottom of the league bench, and thats really saying something, and not in a good way.

@littlez @kceasthawk

I don't know anything about Miller as a coach, but a question for you about Sides. In any close game when the Fever needed a bucket late in the 4th quarter and Sides called a timeout, have you seen any semblance of a play run that looked like a good coach had drawn it up so it had a decent chance of success? I can't recall one. In theory, wnba coaches should be at least on the same level as good college coaches. I realize the personnel issues on the Fever, but I have seen very little evidence that Sides is even as good as a majority of Big 10 women's basketball coaches.

I don't know anything about Miller as a coach, but a question for you about Sides. In any close game when the Fever needed a bucket late in the 4th quarter and Sides called a timeout, have you seen any semblance of a play run that looked like a good coach had drawn it up so it had a decent chance of success? I can't recall one. In theory, wnba coaches should be at least on the same level as good college coaches. I realize the personnel issues on the Fever, but I have seen very little evidence that Sides is even as good as a majority of Big 10 women's basketball coaches.

1st off, her end of game decisions are at best questionable & at worst poor. With that said, it’s been discussed before, but no, I would not in any way shape or form. Suggest these women are as competent or men as the case may be as the top 25 college coaches..

As Ive said before, I think there’s only one or two that make 1 million or even close to $1 million. Lisa Bluder was underpaid at 1.4.

Top 25 WNCAA coaching Salaries, the bottom is the lady from Oklahoma @800K

Too 5 WNBA coaches 2 past 1 mill…3rd at 700k

1st off, her end of game decisions are at best questionable & at worst poor. With that said, it’s been discussed before, but no, I would not in any way shape or form. Suggest these women are as competent or men as the case may be as the top 25 college coaches..

As Ive said before, I think there’s only one or two that make 1 million or even close to $1 million. Lisa Bluder was underpaid at 1.4.

Lolol.. Just wait, this will get ugly. Two of the three highest paid coaches of the womens game are men. I wonder how that goes over with the inequity in pay argument that is always a hot button topic....

“Run, run, run, run, run”.

~ Cheryl Miller, HC of Phoenix (1997-2001)
When asked about what type of team she will put up on the floor.

Would fit Clark’s Iowa style. Just need to bring in the rim runners.
So she coached former Hawkeye Toni Foster, who had some excellent games for her Mercury.

EDIT: Holy sh… I did not know this. Wish the footage was out there…

Reactions: Torg
Lolol.. Just wait, this will get ugly. Two of the three highest paid coaches of the womens game are men. I wonder how that goes over with the inequity in pay argument that is always a hot button topic....

Maybe not in this forum, I don’t think we have many women 😂

1st off, her end of game decisions are at best questionable & at worst poor. With that said, it’s been discussed before, but no, I would not in any way shape or form. Suggest these women are as competent or men as the case may be as the top 25 75 college coaches..

Good post, but I made one suggested change.

@littlez @kceasthawk
All the coaches in the W are mediocre at best…they don’t pay enough to draw good coaches away from college. Sides is bad, but how much better can they get?

Fever coach?
I know it’s a long shot but (I know, crazy) she’s only 59 and she’s arguably the greatest female player of all time. And she pulled a Wilt Chamberlain and scored 100 in a game. If she woke up on Monday morning and said I want to coach CC for a few years wouldn’t you take it? I know it’s ridiculous to even think it but why not?

Reactions: spiderland and nu2u
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT