ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago Peps.. looking for dining advice

beanerhawk

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2001
Heading to Chicago tomorrow for the wife's birthday. Going to Twas the night before Christmas show on Thursday then staying Friday night. Looking for any Friday night dinner ideas people may have. We like Tortoise supper club and a few other places down town but looking for something new we haven't hit up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Heading to Chicago tomorrow for the wife's birthday. Going to Twas the night before Christmas show on Thursday then staying Friday night. Looking for any Friday night dinner ideas people may have. We like Tortoise supper club and a few other places down town but looking for something new we haven't hit up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This is a pretty nice list of Chicago classics.
https://chicago.eater.com/maps/38-best-restaurants-in-chicago

A Friday night in December is going to be a tough reservation.

Frontera Grill would be a good one if you want world class Mexican.

I just had dinner at Gaijin and it was terrific and a fun place for Okonomiyaki.

Cindy's is a great rooftop atmosphere (especially for out of towners) but I'm guessing it will be booked.

Lots of terrific steakhouses ($$$$) in that area like RPM, Swift & Sons, etc.

Rose Mary is a really interesting place with Adriatic(!) food.

Reactions: beanerhawk
Ate at RPM Seafood for the wife's birthday. Was really good, fun place to go to.

Chicago is so much fun during the holidays. Such good food and things to do. Reminded me we need to take the 3 hour drive more often to visit one of the best city's in the country. csb/

Reactions: GES4 and Torg
Ate at RPM Seafood for the wife's birthday. Was really good, fun place to go to.

Chicago is so much fun during the holidays. Such good food and things to do. Reminded me we need to take the 3 hour drive more often to visit one of the best city's in the country. csb/
Will have to hit that up when we go to Chicago next month. Love Gibson’s and Joe’s for steak and seafood.

tom-hanks-dragnet.jpg
Not an Chicago Pep, but would a Los Angeles Pep help?

Will have to hit that up when we go to Chicago next month. Love Gibson’s and Joe’s for steak and seafood.
It was very good. Carson's BBQ and Yardbird were very good also.

Not sure what shows are there next month, but we saw Twas the night before Christmas at the Chicago Theater and it was fun. Just going to the Chicago Theater is an experience in itself.

Did you survive the City wide Pew Pew this past weekend?

Chicago shootings: At least 22 shot, 5 killed in weekend gun violence across city, CPD says​

Yep, me and the other about million tourists in downtown Chi-town did just fine. The amount of people there shopping and visiting for the holiday's was pretty crazy.

Yep, me and the other about million tourists in downtown Chi-town did just fine. The amount of people there shopping and visiting for the holiday's was pretty crazy.
It normally gets pretty crazy when the bullets start flying, I tend to stay away from Pew Pew City (Chicago) and Mall of America when I want to get some safe shopping done.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Seriously. My office is on north Michigan ave. It’s crazy how many tourists are here.
It really is, the amount of groups of women shopping was crazy. We went down to one of the Christmas markets, it was the only place we went to that was to busy and we just left. The lines for food were so long, and that was on a Thursday.

Did you survive the City wide Pew Pew this past weekend?

Chicago shootings: At least 22 shot, 5 killed in weekend gun violence across city, CPD says​

I've been to Chicago 100+ times throughout the years and never once have I been concerned for my safety. Chicago is a great city, just stay out of the south side after dark. @RicoSuave102954 is a certified snowflake.

Glad you enjoyed your trip, OP. We saw Beetlejuice @ Auditorium Theater in November and it was fantastic.

I've been to Chicago 100+ times throughout the years and never once have I been concerned for my safety. Chicago is a great city, just stay out of the south side after dark. @RicoSuave102954 is a certified snowflake.

Glad you enjoyed your trip, OP. We saw Beetlejuice @ Auditorium Theater in November and it was fantastic.
Lots of shootings in the downtown area also, you deniers just keep amazing me.

When we go to Chicago (some refer to it as Naperville or "The Nape" but I just go with Chicago), we enjoy Lou Malnati's. There is some nice shopping plus the Riverwalk area.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT