ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago shootings: 31 shot, 3 killed in 4th of July weekend gun violence across city so far, police say

Pete Malloy

HR All-American
Oct 14, 2022
Trendy Waterbury Neighborhood - Des Moines
At least 31 people have been shot, three fatally, in Fourth of July weekend gun violence across Chicago, police said.

A man was killed and three others wounded in a shooting Friday night in Chicago Lawn. The four were standing on a sidewalk about 8:15 p.m. in the 6300 block of South Artesian Avenue when someone in a black Dodge Charger pulled up and an occupant opened fire, Chicago police said. A man, 23, was shot in the buttocks and was taken to University of Chicago Medical Center, where he later died, police said. Two other men, 24 and 27, were each shot in their leg and were hospitalized at Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn and Holy Cross Hospital in good condition, according to police. Another man, 58, suffered gunshot wounds to the hip and back and was taken to University of Chicago Medical Center, where he was in good condition, police said.

Last weekend, at least 29 people were shot, eight fatally, in shootings across Chicago, police said.

Need to differentiate gang members from non gang members in these threads to determine proper level of caring.

At least 31 people have been shot, three fatally, in Fourth of July weekend gun violence across Chicago, police said.

A man was killed and three others wounded in a shooting Friday night in Chicago Lawn. The four were standing on a sidewalk about 8:15 p.m. in the 6300 block of South Artesian Avenue when someone in a black Dodge Charger pulled up and an occupant opened fire, Chicago police said. A man, 23, was shot in the buttocks and was taken to University of Chicago Medical Center, where he later died, police said. Two other men, 24 and 27, were each shot in their leg and were hospitalized at Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn and Holy Cross Hospital in good condition, according to police. Another man, 58, suffered gunshot wounds to the hip and back and was taken to University of Chicago Medical Center, where he was in good condition, police said.

Last weekend, at least 29 people were shot, eight fatally, in shootings across Chicago, police said.

I agree. Gun violence in this country is out of hand. I suggest we put in place laws that control access to guns.

Reactions: Ree4 and TheCainer
Need to differentiate gang members from non gang members in these threads to determine proper level of caring.
Repeat after me. Butthole of America. Right Vs left doesn’t matter. Guns have mostly been shipped in from surrounding states. Gangs are prevalent and always a factor. No sane democrat agrees with most initiatives and every Republican uses it as an example of failed democratic ideals while ignoring all the other factors.

Butt. Hole.

Reactions: TheCainer
Why would someone want to shoot another person? What do you have to gain?
Seriously? As a 40+ year old, we grew up on Clint Eastwood and Charles Bronson shooting their way out of every situation.

Chicago is really the culmination of a lot of unchecked, unfazed ideals.

Reactions: TheCainer
bang bang sport GIF by UFC

That’s a block party in Baltimore.

That’s a block party in Baltimore.
I went to Hopkins medical in East Baltimore. I could recognize which firearm was being discharged just by its sound.

But I never felt unsafe and had a good old time with diverse people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT