ADVERTISEMENT

Childhood BMX Celebration Thread

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
What was your preferred method of transpiration, Mongoose, Diamondback, Haro, Hutch, etc.? We were focused on the laid-back seat post, saddle, freestyle pegs, etc. I remember justifying every "mod" to my parents. I mowed a lot of lawns LOL

Mine was a California Mongoose.

cali1---15d126b1a3ad0c_lg.jpg

How many broken bones did you have?
A few, but oddly enough never from being an idiot on a bike. We had a pond behind our neighborhood and we'd ride our bikes down this hill, hit a makeshift ramp, and launch ourselves (and bikes) right into it. LOL (no helmets either)

My dad taught us all how to repack the bearings after a weekend of that nonsense.

What was your preferred method of transpiration, Mongoose, Diamondback, Haro, Hutch, etc.? We were focused on the laid-back seat post, saddle, freestyle pegs, etc. I remember justifying every "mod" to my parents. I mowed a lot of lawns LOL

My parents never got me anything more than what shopko (or whoever sold bikes in Wisconsin in the early 1980s) had. The coolest thing I had were the oakley grips. Something like these:
il_1588xN.4610971674_jwhy.jpg

I had an early Dyno GT. My parents found it when they cleaned out a storage unit a few years ago, it was like selling a used car when I sold it….people pay a lot of money on for that crap now

My next door neighbor had a PK Ripper which was a pretty damn cool bike.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT