ADVERTISEMENT

China gonna China (TikTok edition)

mnole03

HR Legend
Mar 20, 2005
FCC calling on Apple and Google to remove TikTok from their app stores.

This comes after Buzzfeed reported that China is harvesting US user data that TikTok promised they didn’t have access to.

Reactions: Moral
This shouldn’t be that hard but we view everything through neoliberal and globalist lenses.

Then again we also let the others harvest our data and sell it to everyone. So whatever.

if people only knew the level and bredth of privacy they signed away with a cell phone.....
That's why I'm smarter than them.

360_F_411828905_mjELoBzxf9hpMaAMaugXTPTZc1TWlYhO.jpg

wasn't this a topic a few years ago? it was apparent then and remains the case now that this app is harmful to US interests.

Well, there's a reason I don't have TikTok on my phone. Not that my data isn't collected in other ways.

Reactions: Moral
What about the Tik Tok videos that show up on YouTube?

Not a big fan of TikTok. It's mostly mindless drivel. Not a big fan of YouTube in the way my kids use it to watch how to make homemade slime or Carly videos or whatever else stupid crap they watch that is just dumb. I make them turn it off and they get mad. Tough crap, go outside and play.

YouTube used the right way, however, is a treasure trove of information. Golf instructional videos, BBQ and cooking, historical docs, etc. Subscribed to a great channel recently called Townsends that is about 16th, 17th, and 18th century and frontier foods. Just watched a doc on Grog and Rum in the 18th century. Very interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT