ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Matthews Insults Rural Americans with Terrorism Analogy

Like I said, I could have missed it, but I did not see anyone attacking you for getting a second degree. I did not read the thread for content so I will not comment either way. I do agree with you that attacking the person does not advance the ball in a discussion. I can't say i never succumb to it but I try to not do it. For those who simply use the condescending lauging emoji, SOTE.
I'm not asking for recognition. In fact, I hate that. But right now, when I read the posts it's some of the worst. It's like 15-year-olds arguing about who the hottest chick in school is. It starts out with a smear, then turns to name calling then a bunch of miss quotes and ends in everyone being pissed off. It doesn't matter what side it is either. The right or left it becomes a name calling fight.

I'm middle of the road as they come. I don't want either Biden or Trump on the ballots or worse yet win. But I can tell you right now, I will vote for Trump because the left has become so vile to fellow Americans.

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
I haven't attacked anyone. I value education and intelligence; not sticking your head in the ground lowering oneself to lowest public denominator. Education does not necessarily have to be getting multiple college degrees. But people trying to ban books that they don't like, shows a very tangential means of dumbing down society.

I'm not asking for recognition. In fact, I hate that. But right now, when I read the posts it's some of the worst. It's like 15-year-olds arguing about who the hottest chick in school is. It starts out with a smear, then turns to name calling then a bunch of miss quotes and ends in everyone being pissed off. It doesn't matter what side it is either. The right or left it becomes a name calling fight.

I'm middle of the road as they come. I don't want either Biden or Trump on the ballots or worse yet win. But I can tell you right now, I will vote for Trump because the left has become so vile to fellow Americans.
I was nodding along until the final sentence and then I was like

Shocked What Is It GIF

For example, there was a copy of Mein Kempf in my H.S. library. Obviously I deplore every idea in that book, but you didn't see me trying to get it banned.

I can't believe some of you have the ignorance to actually type shit like this much less think it to yourself.

Its true. That is why. The old Republican party was not insane like the one we have today. There was a time I voted GOP, but that is not possible in today's environment. Today's moderate Dem's are what old school GOP was.

Its true. That is why. The old Republican party was not insane like the one we have today. There was a time I voted GOP, but that is not possible in today's environment. Today's moderate Dem's are what old school GOP was.
So you're either completely brainwashed or an idiot then. It's the only explanation for anyone who can pretend like the left hadn't written the handbook on division and divisive politics for decades. Wake the eff up or muster up some integrity for shits sake.

• Haha
Reactions: Flie and auntie_fah
Yeah, if he doesn't like Trump.....but he is going to vote for him....makes him middle of the road? WTF. Trump is as evil of POTUS this U.S. has ever had. Narcissistic to the point that he could care less about anyone else but himself.
I vote for him just to piss you off. He's not the problem, people like you and many others on here are. And that goes for the right wing nuts here too.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
No, I think there divisive people on both sides. But the MAGAS have completely taken over the GOP
Okay but that really wasn't the point. Take this thread... a liberal talking head comparing rural folks to terrorists... and many agreeing with the premise. But yeah, righties are the only ones dividing the country.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
In regards to rural America. My MIL, wife of a western IA farmer, started complaining about all the immigrants yesterday. I explicitly said why are you so entitled to have citizenship in this country just because you were lucky enough to be born here. Response: they are taking our jobs. Me: no, no they are not. They are taking jobs of the deadbeat born American citizens would not do.

CSB

In regards to rural America. My MIL, wife of a western IA farmer, started complaining about all the immigrants yesterday. I explicitly said why are you so entitled to have citizenship in this country just because you were lucky enough to be born here. Response: they are taking our jobs. Me: no, no they are not. They are taking jobs of the deadbeat born American citizens would not do.

CSB
They are sucking the life blood out of this nation. Taking money and resources we can't afford to maintain. Bringing crime, disease, who knows what else.

All MAGA have insulted themselves. I’m sick of trying to analyze these people and their motivations. They’re just not very bright, ignorant, scared, and easily manipulated, like any other cult’s members. MAGA is just synonymous with “moron”. It’s as simple as that.

Not really. Have you ever been to some of these rural areas in western Iowa? A good portion of them value education at the bottom of their values
Holy crap. Have YOU been to western Iowa? Plymouth, Sioux, and Lyon counties are some of the most prosperous counties in the state. The Hwy 75 corridor area between Lemars, Sioux Center, Orange City, Rock Valley, and Rock Rapids is a hub of small business and light manufacturing and the farmland in that area is some of the most expensive and productive in the state.

Holy crap. Have YOU been to western Iowa? Plymouth, Sioux, and Lyon counties are some of the most prosperous counties in the state. The Hwy 75 corridor area between Lemars, Sioux Center, Orange City, Rock Valley, and Rock Rapids is a hub of small business and light manufacturing and the farmland in that area is some of the most expensive and productive in the state.

Big whoop, they still average the lowest IQ's in the state. I don't need to brag about the rest of the state. Western Iowa is full of hillbillies. Sure there are some damn smart people. But those working in those factories only require a GED

"

QUALIFICATIONS​

• Minimum of 18 years old required.
  • High school diploma or equivalent (GED) strongly preferred.
  • Minimum of 1 year solid and continuous work experience required. Examples include general production, construction, farm operations, food service and hospitality. Experience in food manufacturing preferred.
  • Demonstrated stability in employment, limited unexplainable gaps in work history.
  • Quality-minded, conscientious, and self-motivated.
  • Demonstrated ability to work well in a diverse team environment.
  • Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate with others.
  • Ability to stand for entire 10–12-hour shift required.
  • Repetitive motion of hands, fingers, shoulders, and arms required.
  • Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. required.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this position, to be considered for an interview you must complete an online application at www.wellscareers.com.
Wells is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT