ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Matthews on Amy Klobuchar: "She seemed like a President tonight."

Chris also gushed over her not being afraid to praise someone from the other party.

She's opening a lot of eyes. Granted, it might be too late for this Presidential cycle.

Watch here:
https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/chris-matthews-amy-klobuchar-looked-like-a-president-during-debate-78358597524
I don’t think it’s too late. People want someone that can win the general election and she would IMO. Pragmatic and tough. We need Tom Steyer and Bloomberg to wake up and back her.

If Pete hadn't been corrupted by far left liberal dogma he would be a great candidate. If he ran like Bill Clinton he would stand a much better chance. Liked Bill a lot and at the time wished he could have ran for a 3rd term. Even liked Hillary until I got to know her better.

Al Gore would have been a better president than that idiot Bush2.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I've said from day one she's head and shoulders above the rest. Her record is strong, her pragmatism is welcome, she's tough on those that don't perform, etc, etc.

It's a sad commentary on our country when people like Warren/Bernie/Biden are seen as more as viable than Amy. We are an Idiocracy society

I've said from day one she's head and shoulders above the rest. Her record is strong, her pragmatism is welcome, she's tough on those that don't perform, etc, etc.

It's a sad commentary on our country when people like Warren/Bernie/Biden are seen as more as viable than Amy. We are an Idiocracy society
Agree. Americans are dumb. Amy is head and shoulders the best candidate running, and people are too stupid to see it.

She finished 5th on Monday, chances are very good she finishes 5th on Tuesday, if everything breaks right, perhaps a surprising 4th (which will destroy someone else's campaign). That isn't exactly a trendline that points to winning the nomination. As much as she loves to go after Pete to try to get his support, whats kind of ignored is the fact that the same liabilities Pete is perceived to have about not being tested and attracting black voters is actually FAR worse for Amy. Pete's black support is still a liability, sitting around 5% in fairly recent national polls, but Amy is actually at around 1% and no one has even bothered to send any fire her way on a debate stage.

Reactions: StonesCat
Of course he said that. He knows where his bread is buttered. The networks all know that a moderate is the only chance of beating Trump. They need to do something about this Bernie surge very quickly.

Odd she's not picking up more momentum in polling. She seems to be the favorite of the media

Citing Matthews for affirmation of anything is pretty dubious since his performance on election night 2008. He and Olberman probably still have spooge residue on their clothes from each other.

Reactions: ctghawk
The audience also thought she won. Will be telling if she gets a bump. One thing interesting was all but two candidates did a live interview with Chris Hayes during the after debate coverage show. Bernie sent Michael Fing Moore as a surrogate and Biden just totally did nothing. No surrogate. No interview. We probably should not be nominating either.

Reactions: BelemNole
Professionally accomplished, competent, thoughtful, well researched in her opinions, and emotionally balanced. What's not to like?
I did caucus for her, in the interest of full disclosure.

She's just not a likeable person. She comes across as smug and self centered and a little bit nasty. I'll vote for her if she's the nominee, but she sure wouldn't be my first choice.

Really like Amy. Such a contrast to Hillary. I think I could vote for her. But I personally think the Democrats are going to screw this up.
Agree. She has my vote.

And yes, the Democrats will screw this up. I still think Biden will end up with the nomination.

If she gets the nomination, she'll have my vote.

Mine too. She belongs on the ticket regardless. I think she is the one lead the ticket and take on the Orange Turd. She, like Pelosi has the oratory skill and mental acuity to twist him into a knot in a debate.

Last edited:
Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
None of the dem candidates are leadership material. None of them are alpha males.
Alpha males like Trump? Yeah, that's what we want a POTUS to aspire to be. All of them are more emotionally mature than a third grader unlike Bone Spurs.

Since this poll includes one day before the poll and one day after, I assume it find Amy close to second place in one day of polling. Just one poll, and it remains to be seen what happens tomorrow, but if she continues to go up, media fawning could push her into the runner-up spot in NH. If Biden finishes fifth, his SC firewall could crumble.

The Boston Globe daily tracker has Bernie/Buttigieg much closer at the top in the mid 20s, they've been bouncing between 1-2 points between them the last several days, but has Amy back at 9%. I have no idea what kind of ground game Amy would have in New Hampshire, and although targeted advertising is quite cheap these days, I imagine on the ground she's quite inferior to the top 2. I'm just kind of skeptical that someone on the upswing cracking into 4th or 3rd is really all that impactful. 10, 12, 13 percent doesnt really get you any delegates at all. The big story will be whoever finishes 1st and whoever finishes 5th.

Bernie probably is just laughing at all this nonsense. You look at these two tracking polls and he basically has a number and it's not going up or down. He doesn't get any late deciders or lose any. Warren is isn't going anywhere yet, so the time would be now to consolidate and give him some serious heat. It's clear that he's beatable in New Hampshire. The non-Bernie contingent needs to get a spine and decide on somebody instead of blowing in the wind from one to another every day. Klobuchar might be a great candidate, but a vote for her is is a vote for Sanders. She's got even less of a chance nationally than Buttigieg, really all a moderate jumble does is make it a certainty that Bloomberg will step in and be eventual opponent for Sanders.

She's just not a likeable person. She comes across as smug and self centered and a little bit nasty. I'll vote for her if she's the nominee, but she sure wouldn't be my first choice.

either was Hillary.

The dems can blame themselves for Donald Trumps presidency.

2016 should have been a slam dunk for the dems and they put the worst possible candidate in place. You weren't going to get a lot of fence sitters and repubs who didn't care for Trump by picking Hillary freeking Clinton to run against him

I'm not the idiot, assface.
either was Hillary.

The dems can blame themselves for Donald Trumps presidency.

2016 should have been a slam dunk for the dems and they put the worst possible candidate in place. You weren't going to get a lot of fence sitters and repubs who didn't care for Trump by picking Hillary freeking Clinton to run against him
Hillary is thoroughly unlikeable. Used to like her and would have voted for her in '08 unless I got to know her better as I have now. Wish that Bill could have 3rd termed. What a stupid amendment. Much like the income tax amendment. What a bunch of hogwash was fed to the American people for both amendments and they fell for it. They probably lied and said the tax would only apply to those making over $100K PY.
Should have passed congressional limits along with presidential limit.

I don’t think it’s too late. People want someone that can win the general election and she would IMO. Pragmatic and tough. We need Tom Steyer and Bloomberg to wake up and back her.
Steyer backed Inslee until he dropped out. Then he got into the race himself.

I suspect Steyer will drop out eventually and will support the candidate he perceives as strongest on climate change and corruption.

Unfortunately for Amy, she isn't particularly strong on either of those issues. In fact, she's pretty much a no-show on climate change - which is Steyer's most important issue.

If Pete hadn't been corrupted by far left liberal dogma he would be a great candidate. If he ran like Bill Clinton he would stand a much better chance. Liked Bill a lot and at the time wished he could have ran for a 3rd term. Even liked Hillary until I got to know her better.

Al Gore would have been a better president than that idiot Bush2.
I don't see enough "far left liberal dogma" in Pete's positions. Hardly any, in fact. Most of his policy statements have been of the "we shouldn't try to do too much" variety. He's working very hard to appeal to the middle of the road by not being controversial on anything.

Don't get me wrong, that well-spoken, non-controversial approach has been working for Pete. But it's a far cry from "far left liberal."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT