ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Rock blames the democrats for letting the pandemic reach America while they were too busy on impeachment

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
Chris Rock in a new interview criticized House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Democrats for letting "the pandemic come in" by being distracted with impeachment hearings of President Trump earlier this year.

The actor and comedian compared Trump to a 5-year-old and said Pelosi should have been more focused on the coronavirus because there was no way that Trump would be impeached.

“It was totally up to Pelosi and the Democrats. Their thing was, ‘We’re going to get him impeached,’ which was never going to happen. You let the pandemic come in. Yes, we can blame Trump, but he’s really the 5-year-old,” Rock told The New York Times in an interview published Thursday.

“Did you ever see that movie "The Last Emperor," where like a 5-year-old is the emperor of China? There’s a kid and he’s the king. So I’m like, it’s all the Democrats’ fault. Because you knew that the emperor was 5 years old," Rock said. "And when the emperor’s 5 years old, they only lead in theory. There’s usually an adult who’s like, ‘OK, this is what we’re really going to do.'”

Well this certainly makes more sense than blaming Donald Trump for teaming up with China and then inventing it in a lab in ISU in Ames and then down playing it so we would all catch it and die

Chris Rock in a new interview criticized House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Democrats for letting "the pandemic come in" by being distracted with impeachment hearings of President Trump earlier this year.

The actor and comedian compared Trump to a 5-year-old and said Pelosi should have been more focused on the coronavirus because there was no way that Trump would be impeached.

“It was totally up to Pelosi and the Democrats. Their thing was, ‘We’re going to get him impeached,’ which was never going to happen. You let the pandemic come in. Yes, we can blame Trump, but he’s really the 5-year-old,” Rock told The New York Times in an interview published Thursday.

“Did you ever see that movie "The Last Emperor," where like a 5-year-old is the emperor of China? There’s a kid and he’s the king. So I’m like, it’s all the Democrats’ fault. Because you knew that the emperor was 5 years old," Rock said. "And when the emperor’s 5 years old, they only lead in theory. There’s usually an adult who’s like, ‘OK, this is what we’re really going to do.'”
A comedian doing his job. He's not all wrong, though.

Well they do call themselves leaders, and they paid no attention and now claim he didn't pay enough attention. Meanwhile back then they wanted people to celebrate in the streets.

Reactions: rolfey
Last time I checked, Drumpf was actually impeached. It’s now him, Bill and Andrew Johnson. He wasn’t removed from office because Moscow Mitch was too in the tank for his fellow traitor but Drumpf forever and always will be impeached.

Remember when Nancy Pelosi went to Chinatown and called Trump a Xenophobe for overreacting to Coronavirus?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

"Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi toured San Francisco's Chinatown Monday to send a message. She said there's no reason tourists or locals should be staying away from the area because of coronavirus concerns."

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/nancy-pelosi-visits-san-franciscos-chinatown/2240247/
Yes - and she was right to do so because there were morons spreading rumors that Chinese food spread the virus. At that time there was no reason to avoid restaurants. As the spread evolved her message changed in line with the experts vs. Trump who simply continued to lie about it.

Yes - and she was right to do so because there were morons spreading rumors that Chinese food spread the virus. At that time there was no reason to avoid restaurants. As the spread evolved her message changed in line with the experts vs. Trump who simply continued to lie about it.
So he was wrong still to shutdown travel from China which is what they criticized him for?

Some people have no idea how time lines work and how they put things in proper perspective.

SAD

So he was wrong still to shutdown travel from China which is what they criticized him for?
If he had actually shut it down it would have been helpful, but he didn't. If he didn't do what was needed because he feared criticism he's unfit for the job.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
Here's where every Democrat die-hard bashes Chris Rock! There's no way that Democrats do anything wrong! lol
This is an excuse and deflection on the issue, the Idiot and Chief who is on tape telling Woodward he knew. Who golfed during February and had Idiot rallies. He was soooooo busy.

This is an excuse and deflection on the issue, the Idiot and Chief who is on tape telling Woodward he knew. Who golfed during February and had Idiot rallies. He was soooooo busy.
It's not a deflection at all. A lot of people here are binary. It's THEM or US. Always right, and always wrong. I'm not even implying that Trump performed or handled it well. He absolutely did NOT. But, Chris Rock makes a very good point. But, Democrat stalwarts will never allow their team to have any culpability. That's one of the reasons why it's so easy to undermine this country.

It's not a deflection at all. A lot of people here are binary. It's THEM or US. Always right, and always wrong. I'm not even implying that Trump performed or handled it well. He absolutely did NOT. But, Chris Rock makes a very good point. But, Democrat stalwarts will never allow their team to have any culpability. That's one of the reasons why it's so easy to undermine this country.
The ****ing Idiot withheld this Intel from everyone, the Executive branch who gets these briefings of intelligence withheld it. This is such a bad take.

The ****ing Idiot withheld this Intel from everyone, the Executive branch who gets these briefings of intelligence withheld it. This is such a bad take.
Jeezus! You're a broken record. You're as bad as every con who supports Trump at every failing. You refuse to show blame equally. Trump, Trump, Trump... you're consumed by it. It's annoying.

Trump was impeached on February 5th. So why didn't he get on the ball the six months that followed his well earned impeachment?

The premise of the thread is not about Donald Trump.
The premise of the thread is about his impeachment interfering with the covid response. How? That process was concluded on February 5th. Trump has botched the response ever since. There could have been no impeachment and his response would have been the same.

Jeezus! You're a broken record. You're as bad as every con who supports Trump at every failing. You refuse to show blame equally. Trump, Trump, Trump... you're consumed by it. It's annoying.
What could House Dems do? Pass a bill? They have. Mitch just block them. The blame is squarely on Republican shoulders.

Here's where every Democrat die-hard bashes Chris Rock! There's no way that Democrats do anything wrong! lol
Well, to be fair, the premise is a little flawed. There are many implications being made, all of them rooted in a flawed premise. I tend to think very, very highly of comedians, believing they're actually quite astute observers of society and the human condition, Chris Rock included, but this is kind of a weak argument Chris is making.

But without question, Democrats can always do better, and have hardly been perfect whether in response to the Trump pandemic or the coronavirus pandemic.

Well, to be fair, the premise is a little flawed. There are many implications being made, all of them rooted in a flawed premise. I tend to think very, very highly of comedians, believing they're actually quite astute observers of society and the human condition, Chris Rock included.

But without question, Democrats can always do better, and have hardly been perfect whether in response to the Trump pandemic or the coronavirus pandemic.
The impeachment process started two weeks before officials were even first warned of covid. It is beyond ridiculous to claim that a process that was well underway was the cause of the botched response that came after.

The Dems certainly made their own mistakes, but I can't fathom how our response could have been any different if their was no impeachment.

Lets look into this, hypothetically, if the Dems had acted earlier.

It's January. Officials have just been warned. Dems take it ultra seriously and sound the alarms taking to the airwaves, passing bills, and demanding action.

Would Mitch take the bills up? No.

Could the Dems force any legislative action? No.

Would Trump demand action? No.

In fact Trump probably would have been even worse in his response. He would have tried to suppress our response even more just because the Dems were so passionately in favor of it.

There is nothing the Dems could have done.

Lets look into this, hypothetically, if the Dems had acted earlier.

It's January. Officials have just been warned. Dems take it ultra seriously and sound the alarms taking to the airwaves, passing bills, and demanding action.

Would Mitch take the bills up? No.

Could the Dems force any legislative action? No.

Would Trump demand action? No.

In fact Trump probably would have been even worse in his response. He would have tried to suppress our response even more just because the Dems were so passionately in favor of it.

There is nothing the Dems could have done.
That's the WHOLE FVCKING PROBLEM!

This country's social/political structure is broken. It's so broken that it cannot operate efficiently to help any of us. Each side is so dug-in, vindictive and blame-throwing to the other that there is nothing that can EVER get done! It's an endless game of "They're worse then we are. It' THEIR fault, not ours." And, it just gets worse and worse and worse. There's no culpability on themselves. It's such a joke. You people that put your faith in the American governmental process might as well be waiting for Santa Claus.

Chris Rock was merely suggesting that if it was such a priority, then drop this impeachment that's never going to come to fruition and focus on the health crisis that is coming. They weren't going to abandon their grandstanding moment. He was just showing how it's so easy for these "sides" to dodge responsibility. Bob Woodward is also culpable. He sat on the information that would have been game-changing. I'm not defending Trump... we already know he's a failure and cannot be relied upon to do anything that will disrupt his illusion of success. But, Woodward had serious information that he kept to himself.

That's the WHOLE FVCKING PROBLEM!

This country's social/political structure is broken. It's so broken that it cannot operate efficiently to help any of us. Each side is so dug-in, vindictive and blame-throwing to the other that there is nothing that can EVER get done! It's an endless game of "They're worse then we are. It' THEIR fault, not ours." And, it just gets worse and worse and worse. There's no culpability on themselves. It's such a joke. You people that put your faith in the American governmental process might as well be waiting for Santa Claus.

Chris Rock was merely suggesting that if it was such a priority, then drop this impeachment that's never going to come to fruition and focus on the health crisis that is coming. They weren't going to abandon their grandstanding moment. He was just showing how it's so easy for these "sides" to dodge responsibility. Bob Woodward is also culpable. He sat on the information that would have been game-changing. I'm not defending Trump... we already know he's a failure and cannot be relied upon to do anything that will disrupt his illusion of success. But, Woodward had serious information that he kept to himself.
Chris Rock is wrong. The impeachment process was wrapped up before we knew how dangerous this would be. If the Dems were impeaching in March and April, he would have a point. But in December and January? The argument falls apart.

Well...his take here is really stupid sooooo....

Trump was impeached on Dec, 18. I'm not sure what Rock thinks the Dems could have done by that date regarding Covid. The articles were delivered to the Senate on Jan. 16. So...yeah...still a bit early. At that point, the impeachment was going forward and anybody who thinks differently is kind of an idiot. I suppose we should cheer the GOP for not calling any witnesses in a trial? Think what a "distraction" that would have been.

Is Rock (are you) of the opinion that the Dems should have forgone the impeachment altogether on the grounds that something might occur that would, months later, demand their undivided attention?

Well...his take here is really stupid sooooo....

Trump was impeached on Dec, 18. I'm not sure what Rock thinks the Dems could have done by that date regarding Covid. The articles were delivered to the Senate on Jan. 16. So...yeah...still a bit early. At that point, the impeachment was going forward and anybody who thinks differently is kind of an idiot. I suppose we should cheer the GOP for not calling any witnesses in a trial? Think what a "distraction" that would have been.

Is Rock (are you) of the opinion that the Dems should have forgone the impeachment altogether on the grounds that something might occur that would, months later, demand their undivided attention?
I think Rock's statement had a pretty big chunk of conjecture and I think he was just trying to throw some shade on the "other side" just for kicks and to maybe show how obstinate each side is against the other. You could have moved everything ahead one month, or even two, and it would have still went down. They were GOING to impeach him. And, Trump was never going to be removed from office.

I think Chris showed some balls, even if it was somewhat haphazard. I think it always helps to show just how dug-in partisans really are. They aren't going to budge and they're always going to blame the OTHER side for EVERYTHING. It's a huge problem with this country. It always has been, but, now, with the way the public is linked-up through social media? It's gotten insane.

Well, to be fair, the premise is a little flawed. There are many implications being made, all of them rooted in a flawed premise. I tend to think very, very highly of comedians, believing they're actually quite astute observers of society and the human condition, Chris Rock included, but this is kind of a weak argument Chris is making.

It's not the best argument, and his recollection of the timing is off... but, I think he's trying to show how both sides are culpable and neither will own-up to any responsibility. That's American politics! "It's all THEIR fault! And, here's why..."

Reactions: Rudolph
It's not the best argument, and his recollection of the timing is off... but, I think he's trying to show how both sides are culpable and neither will own-up to any responsibility. That's American politics! "It's all THEIR fault! And, here's why..."
You can't make a point if the premise of your point makes no sense. It's the same problem with the media trying to present a "balanced" view when they have a scientist explain the evidence that overwhelmingly supports climate change and then give equal time to some lying quack. Trying to conflate the two major parties as being equally culpable is nonsense.

Trump has been an historic and unmitigated disaster aided and abetted all along by the leadership AND the rank and file of the Republican party. But the Democrats are equally responsible. Somehow.

Yeah...that just sounds dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT