ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Tadjo wins another MVP

tony0051

HB MVP
Mar 29, 2006
Won his second Biosteel all star game MVP award. Have watched both of these games and dude is a rim wrecking machine. He also looked much stronger this year. Don't think he made a jump shot in either game but how many jumpers did Freeman make this year?

Ask his girlfriend not me.

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

My early comp is Anonuby of Knicks, who Iowa almost snared before he chose IU.
Of course Anonuby has added a solid perimeter jump shot to his skills since making pros.
Tadjo adds that and he could be another drafted hawk in a few years.

Incoming freshman Nogbou Chris Tadjo was born in Montreal Canada but I believe his parents are from Ivory Coast (southern West Africa).

Sophomore Ladji Dembele is originally from Mali in West Africa.

Seydou Traore was born in New York, NY; not sure, however, where his parents (Abraham Traore & Mariam Sylla) are originally from. I am going to guess West Africa.

If these West African players find success at Iowa, that could be a very valuable recruiting pipeline for Iowa for years to come.

My early comp is Anonuby of Knicks, who Iowa almost snared before he chose IU.
Of course Anonuby has added a solid perimeter jump shot to his skills since making pros.
Tadjo adds that and he could be another drafted hawk in a few years.
Just based on what I've heard here he sounds a lot like Tyler Cook.

Reactions: Torg
Cook with a more consistent motor would be really good. Tough competition at 4 this year.
Tadjo needs to be starting game one imo. No way can we roll out Payton at four again with all the talent they’ll have at 4 now.
Seeing how much Tadjo has bulked up this past year and Traore's usage with Manhattan last season I wouldn't be surprised if Traore plays more at the 3 than the 4. I figured Traore was a shoe-in at the 4 but seeing Tadjo's production I think Traore and Koch will compete behind Payton for the 3.

Tadjo needs to be starting game one imo. No way can we roll out Payton at four again with all the talent they’ll have at 4 now.
I’d say it’s more likely Traore starts at the other forward spot. I think if the staff thought Tadjo was ready to be the man at the 4, they wouldn’t have brought in Traore.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
I guess I am in the minority of fans who haven't forgotten about Dembele, who I believe is going to be very good player. In the minutes he got last year, which were mostly as Owen's back up, he played better interior defense and rebounded better than anyone on the team. He didn't have much variety to his offensive game, and no one coached him (or Owen) how to play the pick and roll, but he is a very strong young man, who definitely doesn't get pushed around near the basket.

Seeing how much Tadjo has bulked up this past year and Traore's usage with Manhattan last season I wouldn't be surprised if Traore plays more at the 3 than the 4. I figured Traore was a shoe-in at the 4 but seeing Tadjo's production I think Traore and Koch will compete behind Payton for the 3.
Add in Dembele, and I agree with you. It is going to be really crowded at 4 and back up 3 (don't forget Pryce), but competition and depth is nice to have.

Won his second Biosteel all star game MVP award. Have watched both of these games and dude is a rim wrecking machine. He also looked much stronger this year. Don't think he made a jump shot in either game but how many jumpers did Freeman make this year?
Attitude. Need a little on this team next year.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Half the team is best suited to play the 4 spot, including Payton, but yeah he'll have to play the 3 spot and be matched up against guards on defense.

I'm assuming he'll play at the 2 as well.

I'm guessing Tadjo mostly plays the 5. Dembele and Koch 4, Traore 3/4.

Over the last 2 classes including this incoming group Fran will have almost done a complete overhaul of roster with a different type of athlete.
Will make for a high curiosity factor from this fan in seeing what this group looks like on the floor knowing full well we will be picked down at the bottom of the league.

If Tony Perkins was on this roster it could have been a great mix of vets, youth and athletes.
Oh well...soldier on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT