ADVERTISEMENT

CJ, Canzeri, Lomax, King etc

DanHawkPella

HB Legend
Jul 24, 2001
  1. Last year when CJ played I would see him make throws/plays that Jake couldn't make, but also saw him miss plays that Jake wouldn't have. This year all I really see is a guy who makes almost all the same plays Jake would make - and more. He was throwing some darts at times tonight, in critical situations, and kudos to our WR's they were catching almost everything they got their hands on. He's an NFL quarterback, and having one that can make key plays with his legs has literally taken us to a 3-0 start when we easily could be 1-2 given two opponents in a row who are improved from last year.
  2. Canzeri was making key pass protection plays all night tonight, and was perhaps the perfect type of inside runner for what was blocked in that 2nd half. He has the lateral agility to skip around and our interior line gave him just enough pylon space (looked like he was doing a pylon drill) late in the game to just do that. I don't think our other RB's can maneuver well enough to do what he did. He secures the ball well too. He was key tonight and along with our OL gave us enough of a running game in the 2nd half to keep them honest.
  3. Lomax plays pretty big for a converted CB. Doesn't yet make a lot of INT's like some past Safeties, but he's playing the run well and made some nice plays.
  4. King made 2 great INT's and even though he got beat a couple times his play on the kickoff was extremely critical. He's a natural return guy like Hyde imo.
  5. Meier and Hesse held the edge a lot better than I expected (with 1 or 2 exceptions) and Meier's sack was almost a game clincher.
  6. Koehn's kick was absolutely crushed. I don't even remember the guy who kicked the 58 yarder against Illinois in 1998. Must have been the Dark Ages for us. (Douglas apparently).
  7. Love this season for Kirk, he deserves a resurgence! Fan atmosphere was fantastic and looked great on TV. Hope the recruits liked it.
  8. Hate our OC Davis all you want, he's called a really nice first 3 games. Not much to complain about.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News