ADVERTISEMENT

CJB: "I'm positive I'll play"

"Sunshine" seems like feminine nickname, almost an insult or something you would say to a grown man to get under his skin. Could be me. Does anyone on the team call CJB by that name?

I didn't know it was in any doubt whatsoever he'd play - therefore why the need to comment on it?

No. Why do you ask?

If, in your mind "Sunshine" is feminine and an insult.

Then

It is disrespectful to be have a name that could be considered feminine.

Contempt is a synonym of disrespect

Which implies

There exists contempt for things that are feminine.

Which implies

There exists contempt for having qualities or appearance traditionally associated with women.

Or shorthand...

Contempt for women

Also, Who cares its a frickin nickname? Also, your interpretation is your interpretation. Just as my interpretation of your comment is mine.

FYI, I associate sunshine with happiness and the names of babies born by people who fornicated at Woodstock.

Then

Which implies

Which implies

There exists contempt for having qualities or appearance traditionally associated with women.

Or shorthand...

Contempt for women

Also, Who cares its a frickin nickname? Also, your interpretation is your interpretation. Just as my interpretation of your comment is mine.

FYI, I associate sunshine with happiness and the names of babies born by people who fornicated at Woodstock.
tumblr_m9bg0wM95K1qg7hxbo2_1280.jpg

Then

Which implies

Which implies

Or shorthand...

Contempt for women

Jesus quit with this PC nonsense. It would also be an insult to call a girl "masculine" (assuming no reverse-Bruce Jenner situation). That doesn't mean the person saying it hates men.

Then

Which implies

Which implies

Or shorthand...

Contempt for women

Holy crap that is some tortured logic right there.

Try this....... substitute "Sally" for "Sunshine"

Calling a man a feminine name does not mean one hates women.

The same goes for feminine sounding nicknames Calling a man a feminine sounding nickname does not mean one hates women. For instance, if my nickname for you is "pussy lips" that does not in any way insinuate that I hate women (or their feminine body parts).

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawk Williams Jr
"Sunshine" seems like feminine nickname, almost an insult or something you would say to a grown man to get under his skin. Could be me. Does anyone on the team call CJB by that name?

Watch Remember the Titans and you'll get it. You'll find that it is a really good movie and that "Sunshine" was far from a wimp. I'd be shocked if there are any players on Iowa's roster who haven't seen the movie. And, I'd be shocked if Beathard took any offense to the nickname.

Last edited:

The same goes for feminine sounding nicknames Calling a man a feminine sounding nickname does not mean one hates women. For instance, my nickname for you is "pussy lips" but that does not in any way insinuate that I hate women.

Why is Sunshine a feminine name? All i think about is Remember the Titans. Not once have i thought "why are they calling Beathard a feminine name". The main question though is why does it bother you so much?

The same goes for feminine sounding nicknames Calling a man a feminine sounding nickname does not mean one hates women. For instance, if my nickname for you is "pussy lips" that does not in any way insinuate that I hate women (or their feminine body parts).

So Sally would be an insult?

Why? Because Sally is a traditionally feminine name?

Did you guys even watch remember the titans? It is not like they called Ronnie Bass "sunshine" as a compliment

So Sally would be an insult?

Why? Because Sally is a traditionally feminine name?

You can't be that naïve. Yes, if you were to call a football player or other male athlete "Sally" that would almost certainly be considered an insult. At the very least, it would be considered disrespectful -not because it is a feminine name per se but because it as a feminine name directed to a male it is intended to be insulting.

My brother-in-law is a drill instructor for the U.S. Army and these terms.... e.g. "Sally", "Nancy", "Sunshine", etc..... are precisely the terms that he would use to challenge and agitate new military recruits.

You can't be that naïve. Yes, if you were to call a football player or other male athlete "Sally" that would almost certainly be considered an insult. At the very least, it would be considered disrespectful -not because it is a feminine name per se but because it as a feminine name directed to a male it is intended to be insulting.

My brother-in-law is a drill instructor for the U.S. Army and these terms.... e.g. "Sally", "Nancy", "Sunshine", etc..... are precisely the terms that he would use to challenge and agitate new military recruits.
Who gives a $hit what his nickname is/was?

Try worrying about something important.

You're in a circle

Well, it's official....I'll be checking this board all week for status updates on a man's groin. I picked a great week to take vacation.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Yes, it's just you. Nobody gives a $hit that his nickname is "sunshine."

I'm sure if it bothered him he would've stopped it a long time ago.

Well, Kirk just said Myers, Boettger, T. Smith, L. Daniels are all out this week. yikes. Plus Beathard banged up. I don't see this game going well. They are going to need the defense and special teams to step up big time and that is an understatement.

Why is Sunshine a feminine name? All i think about is Remember the Titans. Not once have i thought "why are they calling Beathard a feminine name". The main question though is why does it bother you so much?

OK, I don't watch many movies, never have -except for documentaries and an occasional comedy once or twice a year.

Anyway, my kids do watch movies. One of my daughter's favorite movies is "Little MIss Sunshine". I haven't seen it but she likes it alot....so maybe that is where I got the feminine connotation, My wife tells me that "MIss Sunshine" beauty pageants are a thing for adolescent girls.

Like I said, I don't watch movies all that much so the Titans movie didn't ring a bell for me.

Watch Remember the Titans and you'll get it. You'll find that it is a really good movie and that "Sunshine" was far from a wimp. I'd be shocked if there are any players on Iowa's roster who haven't seen the movie. And, I'd be shocked if Beathard took any offense to the nickname.

Let's not get carried away here...

Reactions: thirdandpunting
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT