ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland Browns proposed new stadium

Indianapolis is still paying for the Hoosier/RCA Dome and it was demolished in 2008.

Just read up on this, Said the RCA Dome was paid off in 2020. The kicker though is that the Colts are under lease at L.O.S. and if they are not one of the top 5 most valuable franchises in the NFL at the end of the decade they can get out of the lease, They are currently #22. Also said City is currently behind on payments to pay off funding.

I don't care if they get a new stadium, but I wish Cleveland Municipal Stadium was still around. And could be used for something. That was an amazing venue! The intimacy of old ballparks, despite their obvious drawbacks, will never be matched.

23545208983_fa27a04c32_b.jpg

Talking to a big Browns fan last night, it sounds like the owner has put in over 60 million of his own money for renovations since the city cut corners when they built it. He owns the land in suburb and wants a dome for concerts and other events. Way easier to get to and away from the stadium with much more parking. Easier access.

We are just like the Romans as they headed into their decline. Huge and palatial sports complexes hosting “athletic and entertainment” events as the problems of the world are ignored……
Man never learns from his own history. We become victims of our own devices.
Meh, better to live during the early decline of a civilization than the ascension. Enjoy the ride bruh.

In Denver there is a lot of talk about the Broncos getting a new stadium as well and it’s actually a couple years newer than the Browns stadium (Mile High opened in 2001).

These days there is a ton of money to be made from the corporate suites so I assume that is the main factor. They could also do like Coors Field (baseball). I was just there for a game and they essentially have a massive outdoor bar in the outfield where you are only vaguely aware there is a baseball game occurring in the vicinity but it was packed and I’m sure they were making a ton of $$$ with all of the alcohol sales.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT