ADVERTISEMENT

C'mon Rutgers - stand strong and beat Wisky

uihawk82

HB All-American
Gold Member
Nov 17, 2021
Should Rutgers be in the Big and could they win a big game. Now is the time. Rutgers usually has athletes and their head coach loves defense so defensively the analysts say they are good and Butgers has a running game.

Need a big L in the loss column for Bucky

Reactions: JLDHAWK
Should Rutgers be in the Big and could they win a big game. Now is the time. Rutgers usually has athletes and their head coach loves defense so defensively the analysts say they are good and Butgers has a running game.

Should I root for a Wisconsin loss so they will be even more fired up for the Hawks next week, or not? Quite the conundrum.

Should I root for a Wisconsin loss so they will be even more fired up for the Hawks next week, or not? Quite the conundrum.
The real conundrum is wanting Iowa to win out and win the West but not having to see Iowa get boat raced again on national TV by Ohio State or Michigan.

Double-edged sword.

Reactions: artradley
No conundrum, nothing better than your usual, mainly West rival Wisky losing a game at home. The only way I root for wisky is late in the year if we need them to beat somebody, just like in 2021 when we rooted for the stinking gophers to beat Wisky, needed them to beat wisky

The real conundrum is wanting Iowa to win out and win the West but not having to see Iowa get boat raced again on national TV by Ohio State or Michigan.

Double-edged sword.
I would love to see the hawks in Indy. It means they were the best in the West, some kind of trophy or something in the trophy case. And maybe the offense would be a little better than in 2021 and the defense and special teams would be stout so that it would be a game for at least 3 qtrs or longer

Need a big L in the loss column for Buck
I’m not opposed to them losing today, but I’d rather have Iowa hand them the big L next week.

If Bucky wins this week, as well as our Hawks, then a win next weekend would maybe get us back in the top 25. Set our ship straight for a push to Indy.

• Haha
Reactions: badger-007
Rutgers has turned out to be a decent team. We can't underestimate them either. Would love to see them spank bucky.

Maybe he meant no psu
Well, yeah, I should have included Penn State.

The obvious point is no real Iowa fan ever wants the Hawks to lose but the likelihood of Iowa getting blown out by whoever is the East representative is pretty great, so it’s tempting to think Iowa missing out on the BTCG wouldn’t be the worst outcome.

I’m not opposed to them losing today, but I’d rather have Iowa hand them the big L next week.

If Bucky wins this week, as well as our Hawks, then a win next weekend would maybe get us back in the top 25. Set our ship straight for a push to Indy.
Well yes, I hope Iowa wins out and that takes care of everything. But later in the year, if Iowa loses to Wisky then any wisky loss can help drop wisky down below us

This was wishful thinking. Rutgers is ass.

Reactions: littlez
I would love to see the hawks in Indy. It means they were the best in the West, some kind of trophy or something in the trophy case. And maybe the offense would be a little better than in 2021 and the defense and special teams would be stout so that it would be a game for at least 3 qtrs or longer
This. People that don't want to go just bc they'll lose are cowards and it's much better than watching someone else there.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
This. People that don't want to go just bc they'll lose are cowards and it's much better than watching someone else there.
If Iowa had an offense that can actually run and throw the ball would really help people decide it is worth going to the game. Been there twice for the CCG and until Iowa decides to treat the offensive side of the ball like defense and special teams, it’s not worth going to Kinnick, away games, or Indy. The real cowards are KF and BF for not doing anything and everything in their power to improve the offense to be the best it can be.

Well yes, I hope Iowa wins out and that takes care of everything. But later in the year, if Iowa loses to Wisky then any wisky loss can help drop wisky down below us
Again, I’m good with Connie losing today, but I’d hang my hopes more on with us, OSU or Minny taking them down the remainder of the season over Rutgers today.

• Haha
Reactions: badger-007
Wisconsin has gotten their shit together. Unless Deacon Hill can do something no one else has been able to do Iowa doesn't have enough to beat them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT