ADVERTISEMENT

CNN & Vivek Discuss Trump Indictment

That guy is frigging brilliant.

I was amazed at how much he got into that Interview. (It helped that the interviewer did not understand, or even know about the Presidential Records Act. In fact, she did not seem to know much about the case at all.)

The PRA does in fact appear to have been completely ignored in the indictment.

...........................................................................................

... and clearly anyone who has done little more that go through our education system is unqualified to vote. We either have to raise the voting age to a number that allows for people to have actually witnessed the interactions between their vote and their life ... or we have to add a lot of material to our educational curriculum.

Last edited:

I was amazed at how much he got into that Interview.

...........................................................................................

... and clearly anyone who has done little more that go through our education system in unqualified to vote. We either have to raise the voting age to a number that allows for people to have actually witnessed the interactions between their vote and their life ... or we have to add a lot of material to our educational curriculum.
I think education needs a massive overhaul in general. I think the DoE needs to go as an immediate starter.

... and clearly anyone who has done little more that go through our education system in unqualified to vote. We either have to raise the voting age to a number that allows for people to have actually witnessed the interactions between their vote and their life ... or we have to add a lot of material to our educational curriculum.
I’d go for this if we also take away voting rights for people over 65. Deal?

I think education needs a massive overhaul in general. I think the DoE needs to go as an immediate starter.
I too agree education needs an overhaul. Just in the opposite direction. My boy Sam says it best.

“Education is the silver bullet. Education is everything. We don’t need little changes, we need gigantic, monumental changes. Schools should be palaces. Competition for the best teachers should be fierce; they should be making six figure salaries. Schools should be incredibly expensive for government and absolutely free of charge to it citizens, just like national defense.”

I too agree education needs an overhaul. Just in the opposite direction. My boy Sam says it best.

“Education is the silver bullet. Education is everything. We don’t need little changes, we need gigantic, monumental changes. Schools should be palaces. Competition for the best teachers should be fierce; they should be making six figure salaries. Schools should be incredibly expensive for government and absolutely free of charge to it citizens, just like national defense.”
I like the vision but would argue that the idea that something is expensive to the government can be free to its citizens makes zero sense and shows a bit of a disregard for whose money the government is spending in the first place.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
I like the vision but would argue that the idea that something is expensive to the government can be free to its citizens makes zero sense and shows a bit of a disregard for whose money the government is spending in the first place.
That’s you’re argument? What’s our current defense spending atm? Zero sense? Properly educating our population makes zero sense?

Jeez.

There's daylight between me and Sorkin on stuff but we share the exact same opinions on at least these two things:
-Education vis-a-vis Rob Lowe's Sam
-Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Reactions: nelly02
That’s you’re argument? What’s our current defense spending atm? Zero sense? Properly educating our population makes zero sense?

Jeez.
Why are you bringing up defense spending like it's relevant or that I'd even defend what is spent on it in the first place?

I’d go for this if we also take away voting rights for people over 65. Deal?

Allow me to propose an everyone-wins compromise; one that builds on your age 65 standard.

Remove all age restrictions on holding an office; Ten-year-old's could run for president along with 100-year-old's.

Then for voting, allow only those 65 and older to vote. This would allow for both the increasing wisdom and for the ability to spot real talent that comes with age. At the same time, it would eliminate the rank idiocy that comes with immaturity.

This way everyone would be allowed to participate, and the nation would be better run in the long run.

Last edited:
Why are you bringing up defense spending like it's relevant or that I'd even defend what is spent on it in the first place?
Umm. Because you made a statement about something being incredibly expensive to the government yet free to its people.

You can’t correlate those? Guess I’m not surprised.

Thought it was pretty interesting conversation, especially given vivek has a law degree from Yale. I stand firm in my thoughts that he's the most intelligent candidate who has announced so far. Definitely a much better speaker than Biden or Trump have been.

Biden vs. trump as speaker? Really? trump who lies multiple times every minute he speaks could possibly be better than any other person on earth? lol

In Texasa they pay their football coaches well! And I of the do well coaching….they make them principles and Superintendents!
Hook’em Horns!
Why else would anybody state have “I’ve Been Workin’ on the Railroad” as its state song?

In Texasa they pay their football coaches well! And I of the do well coaching….they make them principles and Superintendents!
Hook’em Horns!
Why else would anybody state have “I’ve Been Workin’ on the Railroad” as its state song?
I don’t know why, but I’m reading that in Matthew McConaughey’s voice.

Reactions: McLovin32
Allow me to propose an everyone-wins compromise; one that builds on your age 65 standard.

Remove all age restrictions on holding an office; Ten-year-old's could run for president along with 100-year-old's.

Then for voting, allow only those 65 and older to vote. This would both allow for the increasing wisdom and ability to spot real talent that comes with age. At the same time, it would eliminate the rank idiocy that comes with immaturity.

This way everyone would be allowed to participate, and the nation would be better run in the long run.
See, you and Vivek think the problem is young voters. I think the problem is older voters. Seems we’re at an impasse.

So I suggest we just stick to what the Constitution says and ignore Vivek’s harebrained idea.

I was amazed at how much he got into that Interview.

... and clearly anyone who has done little more that go through our education system is unqualified to vote. We either have to raise the voting age to a number that allows for people to have actually witnessed the interactions between their vote and their life ... or we have to add a lot of material to our educational curriculum.
Why not just make land ownership the qualification? Seem about the right bar to you?

Why not just make land ownership the qualification? Seem about the right bar to you?
It would have to be based on ownership of capital assets to work: a business, a stock portfolio and no collectibles such as old cars, tulip bulbs, or antiques .. Just stuff that could expect to earn cash flow.

Land would of course be included.

Jeez.
When China or Russia wants to bring the fight here, or North Korea, etc you’ll be one of the little bitches crying why don’t we have the troops or the weapons or the technology to stop this!!! And don’t expect Putin to use our troops preferred pronouns while he’s water boarding them.

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael

Then for voting, allow only those 65 and older to vote. This would allow for both the increasing wisdom and for the ability to spot real talent that comes with age. At the same time, it would eliminate the rank idiocy that comes with immaturity.

Allowing only those over 65 to vote would not make the country better, it would make it demonstrably worse.

I was amazed at how much he got into that Interview. (It helped that the interviewer did not understand, or even know about the Presidential Records Act. In fact, she did not seem to know much about the case at all.)

In her defense, Dana Bash is very likely the least talented media journalist on the planet,.. dumber than even a small box of rocks.

I am not sure if this is a joke, but
why would the Presedential Records Act be mentioned in an indictment when none of the charges are related to the Presedential Records Act?

It would have to be based on ownership of capital assets to work: a business, a stock portfolio and no collectibles such as old cars, tulip bulbs, or antiques .. Just stuff that could expect to earn cash flow.

Land would of course be included.
So are you going with just net assets or do you have to own it free and clear?

Would the following people would not get a say in the future of our gov't:

1. Newly enlisted 19 year old marine who came from humble beginnings with no investments.
2. A 50 year old priest who has a pension, but no other savings and doesn't own a home.
3. A 27 year old dentist who has high student loans and doesn't own his own practice, rents an apartment.
4. A 62 year old widower who is surviving on social security and rents an apartment.
5. A newly naturalized individual from the Ukraine who has no savings and is just making ends meet

I appreciate your clarification of the position.

Maybe we could give those folks 3/5ths of a vote or something.

How about we just say what everyone's trying to imply, the under 25s will vote mostly Dem, so Rs don't want them included, and the over 65s are more likely conservative or MAGA, so Ds would be happy excluding them.

How about we just say what everyone's trying to imply, the under 25s will vote mostly Dem, so Rs don't want them included, and the over 65s are more likely conservative or MAGA, so Ds would be happy excluding them.
I don’t think Ds want anyone excluded. I was just pointing out the silliness of Vivek’s and Titus’s proposals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT