ADVERTISEMENT

Co-worker with 9 kids thread.

Mrs Knives (pic below) is number 13 out of 15.

1779991h.jpg

Reactions: noleclone2
I was talking with a co-worker this week and it came up in the conversation that he has 9 kids. Why is what I kept wanting to ask? That's an awful lot of work.
Any of you GIAOT people come from families that large? Do you have 3+ kids? 3+ is a lot in modern times. 9 is crazy, and, this is the second co-worker I've had in the last few years with 9 kids.
Mental illness?

I really don't care if you do or do not have the means to financially provide for the children. There is no way in hell you can meet the emotional and personal needs of 9 children.

I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong and "we did it back in the day. " Social media and smart phones have made being a parent so more difficult
This!

My parents come from large families, and I think it is wrong to have that many kids. The oldest kids are usually forced to raise the younger ones. My mom basically considered her older sister to be her second mom and primary caregiver.

It's a little like forced child labor.

yaah, yaaah. yaaaaah. You believe that 8 billion humans is not enough?

If we just donated Iowa and Florida to the world everyone could move to those two states and have half the population density of Manila.

Would also improve Iowa's recruiting.

Back in the day large families were common and in the vast majority of those families the kids grew up to be successful, law abiding adults.

Also those families existed without needing government handouts like food stamps etc.
Bullshit, they were given government subsidies through farming

Show me the stats of family farming in 40's through 80's, I bet less than 5% had no children

Somebody had to feed the hogs

Sounds like there could be some interesting times if you and your siblings joined ancestry.com or a competitor…

Yup, that’s how my older sister found my dad in spring of 2021. She’s half Vietnamese. Dad got his house girl pregnant when he was in the war in 1970.

She took a DNA test and got on one of those sites and found my brother. She’s been in Seattle the last 25 years. She was given up for adoption when she was a couple weeks old. Grew up dirt poor in Vietnam. She told us stories of living off of two sweet potatoes a day.

Reading this thread makes me happy I got snipped before I had kids. World is far too over populated thanks to families like these

Reading this thread makes me happy I got snipped before I had kids. World is far too over populated thanks to families like these
May I ask when you made that decision? I’m going on 33 and it’s looking increasingly likely no kiddos. Still seems too early for the perma-snip.

May I ask when you made that decision? I’m going on 33 and it’s looking increasingly likely no kiddos. Still seems too early for the perma-snip.

Had a buddy who had the snips, got divorced and then remarried, considered kids with her so had a reversal, and then they were divorced within a year. Back to the DR for the second and final.

I was talking with a co-worker this week and it came up in the conversation that he has 9 kids. Why is what I kept wanting to ask? That's an awful lot of work.
Any of you GIAOT people come from families that large? Do you have 3+ kids? 3+ is a lot in modern times. 9 is crazy, and, this is the second co-worker I've had in the last few years with 9 kids.
Why do you hate Mormons?

I have 4, and I wouldn’t want it any other way. Oldest(17) is a NHS member and very involved in music(all state), speech(all state) and soccer, among other things.
Our second oldest(16) is still trying to figure out what to do in life. A little socially awkward but gets good grades and has a good friend base.
Our third(14) is the starting point guard and starting QB and also set a track record last year, and also does well in school. Really good all around kid who is just naturally gifted.
Our youngest(11) is also a pretty decent athlete in gymnastics and swimming and also a good student.
I’m very proud of them all. I still can’t believe how fast they’ve grown! Overall they’re pretty well rounded, respectful kids who should be productive members of society, and that’s really all we can ask.

Reactions: swagsurfer02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT