ADVERTISEMENT

Coach "Prime" the genius

Abc Im Shocked GIF by The Bachelorette

He’s doing a fine job of nearly getting his QB son killed every week.

Since he worried about recruiting WR/DB and forgot to recruit/develop OL to protect him.

I mean, it seems he's done pretty well to me
Sure. Just one of the skewed things in our society now. A guy can hit a ball or throw a pass, and he can become a multi gazillionare, while making no effort whatsoever to educate himself, free education be damned. Meanwhile many " fans" turn then into the new age gods of gold idolizing them regardless of whatever moral shortcomings they present. All the while Joe blue collar goes about his daily grind doing what he can to put food on the table and a roof over his family, so that he can sit in front of the tube, or pay $200-300 for nose bleed seats, to watch this specimen play games, and live his life like a modern day emperor.....All seems a little silly doesn't it?

Sure. Just one of the skewed things in our society now. A guy can hit a ball or throw a pass, and he can become a multi gazillionare, while making no effort whatsoever to educate himself, free education be damned. Meanwhile many " fans" turn then into the new age gods of gold idolizing them regardless of whatever moral shortcomings they present. All the while Joe blue collar goes about his daily grind doing what he can to put food on the table and a roof over his family, so that he can sit in front of the tube, or pay $200-300 for nose bleed seats, to watch this specimen play games, and live his life like a modern day emperor.....All seems a little silly doesn't it?
I mean, that's one way to look at it

I mean, that's one way to look at it
Is there another way? I mean, I love college football, and basketball. Still watching guys "hold out" because their not happy with a 40 MILLION per year contract, and then you see the guy do a interview and he can barely put together a coherent sentence, or these pro boxers who make 100's of millions, and lose it all, who may just as well have just thrown the money in a trash can and set it on fire. Its appalling, eye opening whatever. I still root for my Hawkeyes, but It's hard not to be amazed at the stupidity of it all at the pro level.....

Is there another way? I mean, I love college football, and basketball. Still watching guys "hold out" because their not happy with a 40 MILLION per year contract, and then you see the guy do a interview and he can barely put together a coherent sentence, or these pro boxers who make 100's of millions, and lose it all, who may just as well have just thrown the money in a trash can and set it on fire. Its appalling, eye opening whatever. I still root for my Hawkeyes, but It's hard not to be amazed at the stupidity of it all at the pro level.....
That's why a lot of ex-pros formed a group to help educate those that were not educated on finances.

It is extremely sad to see guys go from multi-millionaires to the soup kitchen, and it is usually due to their "friends" tagging along and influencing the spending of all the money.

I can say, with complete honesty, that I would not want to trade places with Dion or Peyton Manning, or Tom Brady or Michael Jordan.

Don’t get me wrong I like money, and I would be happy with millions and millions of dollars. But I would want to be the guy that invented some little Doohickey your computer cannot do without. Some guy that you wouldn’t recognize if he was behind you in line at Starbucks. I don’t want to be a guy that can’t go anywhere without being hassled, and has people up in their business all the time. Too many problems. I like my quiet life.

That's why a lot of ex-pros formed a group to help educate those that were not educated on finances.

It is extremely sad to see guys go from multi-millionaires to the soup kitchen, and it is usually due to their "friends" tagging along and influencing the spending of all the money.
Another reason I Love the mentor program that Kirk set up where ex Hawks who are in business now come back and they have one on one's with the current players where they sit down and discuss, life after Iowa, and after football....

Ahh, that State of Florida education shining through loud and proud once again.

I'm not even sure he knows that "those people with the faces" are former POTUS. Good lord.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP

Never thought I'd agree with anything you ever posted. I was wrong. Great post.

Reactions: obfuscating
Had to bump this. Lost 8 of the last 9. So much for "the man that single-handedly changed college football".

I am a Cowboys fan and can't stand Deion if that tells you anything. I said this before too but lets see how hard he attempts to coach once his sons are gone. And don't even bring up the NFL. No billionaire owner is gonna put up with the look at me charade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT