ADVERTISEMENT

Coe vs Creighton On FS1

How does Creighton get away with this?

It’s not just Creighton.

Tennessee played Lenoir Rhyne
Auburn played Mississippi College
Buffalo played Le Moyne
Fresno St played Alaska Anchorage
And everyone’s early season darling Furman played Bob Jones, North Georgia, and Southern Wesleyan.
And I’m sure there are more.

These games shouldn’t even count as wins and technically they probably don’t in the selection committee’s eyes.

It’s not just Creighton.

Tennessee played Lenoir Rhyne
Auburn played Mississippi College
Buffalo played Le Moyne
Fresno St played Alaska Anchorage
And everyone’s early season darling Furman played Bob Jones, North Georgia, and Southern Wesleyan.
And I’m sure there are more.

These games shouldn’t even count as wins and technically they probably don’t in the selection committee’s eyes.

They said on Channel 9 that the game counted for Creighton but not for Coe. huh? I agree the game shouldn't be counted and you wonder why a team around the bubble like them would do this.

Creighton set a school record for threes, and I believe Coe made more threes than any visiting team in that arena.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
They said on Channel 9 that the game counted for Creighton but not for Coe. huh? I agree the game shouldn't be counted and you wonder why a team around the bubble like them would do this.

They had someone bail last minute, can't remember who, and could find anyone to schedule a game with.

I believe schools can play one game a year against a non-Division I school and have it count on your record but doesn't do anything to the then RPI. From an RPI perspective in the last few years, it was better to play a game like Coe than to play a Division I team that had a 300+ RPI.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT