ADVERTISEMENT

Colbert Opts out

Iowa’s athletic positivity rate was 0.7% the last week. 5 out of 745 tests were positive.

Obviously some of the younger guys and backups will get a look now but this could also be a time we could look at a small revamp. We are loaded in the secondary so might be good to toss in more dime and nickel coverage on top of the cash option.

Apparently 99.997% survival rate IF he gets it isn’t safe enough. Or maybe he listens too much to the media.

Or maybe he talked to Jordan Bohannon, or read what JBo said, about how much fun he had after contracting, but not dying, from COVID-19. Perhaps he has a rational mind and put it to use. It is a rare thing in contemporary America, so I'm not saying that's what happened. I'm just saying it's theoretically possible.

Or maybe he talked to Jordan Bohannon, or read what JBo said, about how much fun he had after contracting, but not dying, from COVID-19. Perhaps he has a rational mind and put it to use. It is a rare thing in contemporary America, so I'm not saying that's what happened. I'm just saying it's theoretically possible.
Maybe JBo shouldn't have been a dumbass that went to the bars constantly.

Last edited:

I believe Campbell will be Mike and Niemann will be Will
That is likely but my point still stands - Benson is almost certainly in the two-deeps and will get a lot more snaps now with Colbert sitting, even if he doesn't start.

Or maybe he has other concern or condition you know nothing about. Hopefully no one in your city le of friends dies from it. Wish I could say thT!!
No freaking kidding! These “fans” are unbelievable. He could very well have asthma, etc.

contrary to what Fox News tells you....it’s not just the old and deathly sick that are at heightened risk to die from this thing...

But it’s apparent some of our so called fans want these players to shut up and play....they don’t have a right to prioritize their own health and make their own decisions eh?

No freaking kidding! These “fans” are unbelievable. He could very well have asthma, etc.

contrary to what Fox News tells you....it’s not just the old and deathly sick that are at heightened risk to die from this thing...

But it’s apparent some of our so called fans want these players to shut up and play....they don’t have a right to prioritize their own health and make their own decisions eh?

Almost 100% of the "non-old" had MULTIPLE co-morbidities.

Considering 40% of the nation is obese and that is one co morbidity right there it doesn’t surprise me....

The point is that it really IS an "elderly killer", for the most part. It just is. That doesn't mean younger people CAN'T die from it, but this particular virus is hardest on the elderly and the immune-compromised.

Jordan was sooooo scared of Covid that he spent most of the Summer not social distancing by partying on his boat. Jordan and Chris Williams have something in common. They are both full of BS.

Almost 100% of the "non-old" had MULTIPLE co-morbidities.

Maybe this young man likes to spend time with his elderly grandparents? Maybe someone close to him doesn’t have much time left and he doesn’t want to stay away from them. There’s nothing that says he is worried about himself- maybe he doesn’t want to transmit it to someone close to him. Leave the kid alone and cheer for the Hawkeyes. We’re getting football- this is a good thing.

Or maybe he has other concern or condition you know nothing about. Hopefully no one in your city le of friends dies from it. Wish I could say thT!!
I know nothing about Colbert's health status, but sickle cell trait is fairly common among African Americans and can lead to complications for anyone getting COVID-19. That's one possible "other concern or condition."

Nieman is gone after this year. He'll have an opportunity to compete. Might be earning his degree this year as well, which would open up lots of opportunities as well.
Niemann isn't necessarily done after this year. Don't forget everyone gets an extra year of eligibility due to Covid. So he can come back next season if he wants.

Niemann isn't necessarily done after this year. Don't forget everyone gets an extra year of eligibility due to Covid. So he can come back next season if he wants.
Yeah we'll have to see how all of that plays out. Will teams still be limited to 85 scholarships, or will they get an extension? Really hope Nieman is healthy and has a great year.

He will be missed. I personally like Niemann more, but we all know how fast depth can disappear. Huge opportunity for Jacobs.
I agree that he will be missed. Though we have some young talent, you can't easily replace his experience without some serious growing pains. He did a great job for the Hawks . Hope to see him back better than ever next season . Go Hawks !

Reactions: thecarls

This board has become unbelievably negative since around the time Trump took office. It didn't use to be this way. People talk just as much shit to fellow Hawk fans, on here, as Cyclone fans do about us. Such a mob mentality towards anyone that questions Ferentz or the program. A whole board full of Legend ball-tuggers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT