ADVERTISEMENT

Rob Howe Podcast "Gonna be another guy that goes into the portal today" ?? (update - he probably meant PMac)

Underscore2

HR MVP
Mar 14, 2006
I don't want this to be a like / dislike Rob Howe thread, just wondering if anyone else has heard this?

"There's gonna be another guy that goes into the portal today. If he hasn't gone so already. I'm certainly not gonna break that news on here...".

Has anyone else heard anything solid about this, have I missed something?

No time stamp because of the crappy podcast player. About 1/4 in from beginning..

I don't want this to be a like / dislike Rob Howe thread, just wondering if anyone else has heard this?

"There's gonna be another guy that goes into the portal today. If he hasn't gone so already. I'm certainly not gonna break that news on here...".

Has anyone else heard anything solid about this, have I missed something?

No time stamp because of the crappy podcast player. About 1/4 in from beginning..

Mulvey? Dembele?

One of the few things left that I like about Fran is that he's been able to keep the team together. If another player goes into the portal it's going to hurt. Probably Josh Dix. :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: BirdistheWord
Futurama Whatever GIF

Oh maybe PMac. Sorry ignore this thread if that's all this was.. ugh..sorry. Appeared on X now, three hours after the podcast, so probably he meant PMac ..no biggie.

Good for PMAC. He can prove his doubters wrong with a strong showing at another P5 university or at least have fun playing B-ball at the mid major level.

Any team that needs a rebounding machine /lock down defender will aggressively pursue Patrick McCaffery. Could be a bidding war.

Creighton seems to be more about offense/less on defense that is about the only major school that he might fit his style. I think he and the family are in for a shock if they think he can go to a NCAA tourney contending school and play the kind of minues he did at Iowa over his 4-years. I think a mid major school where there are low expectations would be a good fit and good for his mental well being. Maybe Sienna. They are terribble but McCaffery family favorites.

Creighton seems to be more about offense/less on defense that is about the only major school that he might fit his style. I think he and the family are in for a shock if they think he can go to a NCAA tourney contending school and play the kind of minues he did at Iowa over his 4-years. I think a mid major school where there are low expectations would be a good fit and good for his mental well being. Maybe Sienna. They are terribble but McCaffery family favorites.
Hes the best perimeter defender Fran has had at Iowa.

No coach anywhere would have a problem with Dix defense.

He's probably done one if the best jobs of defending Terrance Shannon of anyone they've played.

The first time iowa played Illinois Dix guarded Shannon and held him to 12 points. Then Domask was going crazy on everyone so Fran put him on Domask the 2nd game and Josh held him to 11 points while Shannon scored 25 being primarily defended by Perkins.

He's probably done one if the best jobs of defending Terrance Shannon of anyone they've played.

The first time iowa played Illinois Dix guarded Shannon and held him to 12 points. Then Domask was going crazy on everyone so Fran put him on Domask the 2nd game and Josh held him to 11 points while Shannon scored 25 being primarily defended by Perkins.
Good thought process on who else would be considered the best perimeter defender under Fran. Maybe Christian Williams. Gesell & Clemmons are probably after.
But I know you’ll just go with “It’s Dix & it’s not even close” instead of trying to think of another one or two.

Good thought process on who else would be considered the best perimeter defender under Fran. Maybe Christian Williams. Gesell & Clemmons are probably after.
But I know you’ll just go with “It’s Dix & it’s not even close” instead of trying to think of another one or two.
Lol huh?

No Gessel is a close 2nd Clemons right there at 3rd but Josh is two or three inches taller which make him more versatile.

Pure latter quickness Gessels was better but Dix is great at getting through and around screens and still making contests.

Both had great understanding of where to be which is the biggest issue on Fran teams.

Also did really well vs Jhamir Young.

Reactions: RocknRollface
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT